Saturday 11 June 2016

Less is More Week 280

Hi guys

Happy Saturday everyone which means new challenge time over at Less is More.  It's that dreaded week again....One Layer Week...and this week we would like to see...


Splatters


I've chosen green and blue tones for my DT card this week to create a card suitable for a girl or a guy.  There was lots of masking required for this one and a little time spent under a heavy pack of cardstock to remove the slight warping from the heat embossing, but I'm really pleased with the result.



I started by stamping the sentiment in the centre and heat embossing in white.  Next I used large post-it notes to mask the edges before ink blending the central rectangle with Distress Inks.  I then placed a splatter stencil (another wonderful goodie provided by STAMPlorations, one of our June sponsors), in various positions, masking around the area I wanted to use, and blended the same three colours but with a lot more depth.  I finished with a few splatters of ink mixed with a little water.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Wplus9 - That Is All
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Stencil: ARTplorations by STAMPlorations - Art Splatters

Challenge entries:

One Layer Simplicity - Challenge #28 - Stencil
STAMPlorations - June CAS Card Challenge



My fellow LIM teamies have created some great cards this week so if you have the time I'm sure they would appreciate a visit from you.

I only had time for one DT card this week as I've had to cram lots in before I head off for a few much needed days away.  Not far, only Dorset, but it feels more like a break when you actually stay away for a few nights :)

I have a few blog posts scheduled in a couple of days so hopefully Blogger will behave and share them with you.

Thanks so much for popping by today x


11 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning, eye-popping and simply beautiful colour combo neets! Fab sentiment too that works so perfectly against the splatters. Enjoy your break and catch up soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inking and masking, Anita - love these shades of blue and green! The splatters add a really fresh look. I hope you enjoy your mini break and get the time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic with the fresh greens and blues, and I really like the way you added more splatters over the top which has created a feeling of texture. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ink blending. It looks so fresh and bright and love those spatters too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors together...so pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific Anita, a fab design as usual. I really hope you enjoy your time away... I know how frantic it is trying to get things organised before going on a break!
    Enjoy!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Anita! Such a soothing blend of colours makes this eye-candy card so perfectly dreamy, and as you say - it suits both male and female recipients. Hope you enjoy your time away.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Really pops! THanks for joining in at Stamplorations!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  9. very fun card..
    Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this .... gorgeous colours. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...