Saturday 19 March 2016

Less is More - Week #268

Hi guys

It's new challenge time over at Less is More and we have a great Theme challenge for our LIMettes this week which is...


What's Outside Your Window
(you can use your imagination and dreams!)


We also have a lovely Guest Designer joining us this week, and someone from my neck of woods, Lou from A Devon Kitchen Table.  If you have the time please pop over to her blog and leave her some love :)


Ok, my first card is quite realistic for what's usually outside my window.  Until about a fortnight ago I think a day hadn't gone by this year without us having some rain!  Pretty normal for England so not just April showers!



On a white cardstock panel I masked a square and used Distress Ink to blend the blue background.  I then stamped the stems, flower heads and the raindrops.  After the mask was removed I stamped the sentiment and added some hand drawn dash lines with a black fine liner pen.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versa Color - Evergreen, Rose Red and Sky Gray
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - A Little Something, April Showers Additions, April Showers II
  • Pen: Derwent Graphik Line Maker

Challenge entry:

CASology - Week 189 - Doodle (hopefully my hand drawn dash lines will qualify!)






For the next card I created a view I would love to see from my window.  I live in a first floor flat and have a very small garden, and as there are lots of cats in my neighbourhood a bird bath wouldn't be a success!




I printed the digi image onto some white cardstock and coloured it in with my some Flexmarkers.  I used a stitched rectangle die to create the panel and stamped the sentiment before popping it up on 3D foam.  Super simple.

Materials used:

  • Digi image: A Day for Daisies - Daisy Bird Bath
  • Stamp: Happy Little Stampers - Doodled Flowers
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangles

Challenge entry:


Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #16 - In the Garden



Right, I'm going to wind up this post as I'm having internet problems which is driving me mad.  Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope to see you in the gallery this week.


22 comments:

  1. Loving the contemporary look to the first card and yes it did seem like it was never going to stop raining! Gorgeous Digi image on the second card. Fun cards, beautifully coloured and so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your internet problems sort themselves out soon Anita. Your two cards are so, so pretty in those wonderful pastel colours. The showers one just perfectly represents April in the UK, and your birdbath is beautiful.
    (You're welcome to watch the birds on my birdbath if you ever make it over to Portugal!)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely lovely! The humour and design of the first one are fab, and I love the effect of the 'stitched' edge with the visual texture of the flowers. And the bird bath with flowers is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these, Anita! The April showers made me smile and I love that birdbath surrounded by daisies and butterflies - so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like them both, I think the birdbath is my favorite though, it's cute and cas and colored beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, what lovely cards pity about the rain though but you have made it pretty. Gorgeous second card beautifully coloured.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, thank for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two adorable cards, just love them both. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita the rain is such a clever touch, love your bird bath too, two super cards x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rocking with awesomeness as every teamie. Love both of these and the April showers is just perfect although mustn't tempt fate as it's been pretty glorious for the last week. Have a fun week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply fabulous work as ever Anita, brilliantly designed and immaculately executed!
    Could do with a little less rain IRL!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so pretty! Love the soft coloring and the refreshing spring scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two adorable cards!! Both rain and shine they bring a smile!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita this looks so beautiful! You always inspire me with your neat, crisp and fabulous design!
    Thanks for joining CASology !

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are right about the constant rain but we've had some lovely sunshine since to make up for it! Both your cards are fab & I especially like the bird bath stamp - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Anita!! I truly love your card. I love how the rain is coming in from the top right, the stillness of the flowers. Perfect. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fantastic cards. Love the little rainy scene on your first card, and the hand drawn stitches definitely qualify as doodles. Love the second card as well, and it looks pretty doodlie as well. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving both your cards Neet !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two gorgeous cards Anita - I love the sentiment on the first one and the second one is adorable! Hope you sort your internet soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards - love the sentiment on the first one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...