Sunday 6 March 2016

Cheeky Monkey

Hi there

I'm back to share a card I actually made in January for my friend's son but completely forgot to share it with you here.  I've found multiple challenges to link up to for this one so it's a good thing I forgot about it!

Still a fairly clean and simple design, albeit a little busier than my usual designs.  I haven't really made many cards for children so this was a bit of a challenge for me, but as he loves monkeys I knew exactly which stamp set to reach for.



I started by covering my card base with some green nature themed patterned paper.  Then, on a white cardstock panel I stamped the monkey and sentiment and coloured him in with my ProMarkers.  I die cut the number 8 from a scrap of matt silver cardstock and the leaves from some deep green cardstock which were placed over the whole card and the edges trimmed off.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up - Summer Smooches 
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Wild Thing
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents; Papertrey Ink - Modern Numbers

Challenge entries:

Penny Black and More - March Challenge - Feature a Creature
Simply Create Too - Challenge #104 - Use Green Only (a couple of the DT cards look like they have featured a couple of neutrals so I hope this one qualifies - please disregard if not)
Just Add Ink - Challenge #301 - Just Add Numbers
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
I Love ProMarkers - Challenge #303 - Use a Number


Thanks so much as always for popping by, I may be back with more tonight, if not definitely tomorrow evening :)


8 comments:

  1. A really sweet monkey image and card Anita.

    Many thanks for joining our Feature a Creature theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is very cute and fun Anita! I love how you have your monkey hanging down from the leafy branches so he can hold the '8'. (The tongue hanging out is too cute!!!). Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Great colouring and clever design. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! The die cut leaves work so well with your design!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so cute and I can see this for my grandson...we still call him "monkey"! What a terrific birthday card! Thank you for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Anita. I love the design and the cheeky Monkey.
    Thank you for entering the Penny Black and More challenge this mkonth and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cute image - cheeky and fun. Really makes you smile. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. That monkey certainly does look cheeky! beautifully coloured too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...