We've whizzed around to another Monday which means it's time for a new challenge at Muse and I'm delighted to be your muse for this week.
The idea at Muse is to use the Designer's card as the inspiration for your creation. You can interpret it as you wish; using the colours, layout, techniques, etc. You can find out more about the challenge guidelines here.
After Michelle's fabulous bold design last week I decided to give you a pretty pastel creation for this week's challenge.
I started by stamping the bubble background in VersaMark onto some mixed media paper and heat embossed in white. I then squished three Distress Inks onto my craft mat and diluted with water before watercolouring them, one at time onto my paper. When each colour was almost dry I then went back in to add more depth of colour to some of the bubbles. I cut the panel down and mounted it onto some black cardstock before adhering flat to my card base. I swirled some fine silver metallic thread into a messy circle and then adhered the die cut 'hello' over it to hold it in place.
- Stamp: Marion Emberson Designs - Bubble Background
- Ink: VersaMark; Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio and Spun Sugar
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
- Cardstock: Daler-Rowney - Mixed Media; Papermania - Premium Textured Cardstock
- Die: Clearly Besotted - Hello Word Die
- Accents: Fine Metallic Silver Thread
Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #300 - Something that relies on the wind (bubbles)
Sweet Stampin' - Emboss It
Thanks so much for joining me today, and I hope you will play along.