Wednesday 11 February 2015

One Layer Chalk and Ink

Hi guys

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I've actually made a card and written a post!

The chaos being caused by the new kitchen in still in full swing but I managed to grab a small space amongst the clutter and dust to make a card.  I couldn't let this week pass by without entering a card over at Less is More for their 4th birthday.  Less is More was one of the very first challenges I discovered and I'm gutted I've missed so many challenges so far this year, but hopefully I can soon get back to normal and get my craft workspace back properly!

It's a colour challenge at Less is More and they want us to use Pink and Grey on our creations.  So here's what I made...




I thought I'd reach for my chalks as I hadn't used them for ages so I masked off a rectangle and blended three pink shades with cotton wool to create the background.  I then simply stamped the silhouette, butterfly and sentiment in Memento ink and that was it, done :)

Materials used:

  • Chalks: Craf-T Products - Decorating Chalk
  • Stamps: Inkylicious - Meadow Breeze; Wild Rose Studio - Everyday Greetings
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog

I would also like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:

One Layer Simplicity - Challenge #13 - You Blend (chalks)
CAS on Sunday - Challenge #51 - Flowers


Thanks so much for visiting today, and I hope it won't be too long before I'm back with more to share.






16 comments:

  1. Yippee I can go to bed now!!! Got matchsticks holding my eyes open but still can make out a terrific card.
    One layer too and not even necessary but WOW what a talented lady you are amongst all that mayhem.
    Fantastic colour blending with chalk and a super stunning image. thanks for joining this week's fun.
    Hope you've earmarked some cupboard space for craft goodies in the new kitchen .... who says it's all got to be pots and pans!!!
    Sarah ;-)
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Sarah, you're such a sweetie. I currently have glasses in a cupboard in the lounge which will be moving to the kitchen so straight away, a new crafty space! Woop woop! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous CAS design Anita. Love the ombre technique for the pink background .. and the beautiful images in gray - so gorgeous together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you, Anita! You are amazing to be able to make such a beautiful card in the midst of chaos!! Before I read down far enough, I was thinking that I must tell you to enter your pretty chalk blended card in the current OLS challenge, but I am delighted to see that you were way ahead of me! It's also perfect for LIM and CASOS, too! I hope the rest of the remodel goes smoothly! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on managing to get this done amidst workmen's chaos!
    I bet you're looking forward to getting straight again!
    This is gorgeous, so gentle and delicate looking too.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Anita. Your inking looks great and your card is so serene and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous ..... looks so delicate! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Anita. That Inkylicious stamp is just gorgeous. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very delicate and subtle, hope you get sorted soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely - such delicate colours

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, beautiful design. I love your chalking too, so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card ;)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, what a wonderful card! I like pink and soft grey combination, simple design and off the center stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! That's an amazing use of chalk...very beautiful gradient you got with it! Love the clean lines and simplicity here, too, on a nicely balanced card. Thanks so much for playing the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...