Sunday 1 February 2015

Birthday Balloon and Banner

Hi guys

I've got a super simple card to share this afternoon.

One thing I have virtually nothing of in my stock is birthday cards for guys.  I think this one would be great for a guy as well as a non-girly girl!

Here it is...




I cut a white cardstock panel slightly smaller than the card base.  First I stamped the balloon string, then the balloon.  Next I stamped the Happy Birthday banner (this is a new set I just bought from Altenew - love it!) in VersaMark ink, ensuring the balloon string was between the letters, and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I mounted the panel on 3D foam, added some Doodlebug sprinkles and coated the balloon with a good squish of Glossy Accents.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: WPlus9 - Whole Lotta' Happy; Altenew - Label Love
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Turquoise; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - Black
  • Doodlebug Sprinkes: Swimming Pool and Silver
  • Glossy Accents

Challenge entries:

CASology - Week 131 - Birthday
Crazy for Challenges - Challenge #271 - Birthday with twist 'Masculine'
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
The Male Room - Challenge #12/15 - Shades of Blue


Thanks for popping by.  I'll have another card to share with you tomorrow :)







18 comments:

  1. Wonderful CAS card, Anita, would make a great men's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cas-ilicious, Anita! I was just over at The Masculine Room, looking for ideas, and the current challenge is 'blue". Run your card over there immediately; it would be a fabulous addition to the gallery! Here's the link: http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/2015/01/challenge-0215-shades-of-blue.html
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks Carol, I will do that right now! Hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Yayyy!! It's a stand-out in the gallery! I'm adding one, too...if I get myself organized! Sheesh!
      Hugs~c

      Delete
  3. This is stunning! I can see why you like the sentiment stamp.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of Glossy Accents is brilliant and makes for a terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fab card Anita- ver stylish! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee so pleased you managed to create something super, duper, CAS, crisp and striking in your teeny tiny craft space.
    Love it and all the glossies on that balloon ... hmmm swooning!
    Have a good week
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shine on the balloon and the super clean feeling! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ultra clean, simple and graphic! Love it. I do like the shine on the balloon. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card really caught my attention with the turquoise details against the white background! Such a cool CAS design, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this Neet! I think the pop of colour on the white bast is just fab! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OKAY!!!! - I am smitten, Awesome that you joined us at CASology!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! That balloon is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cheap ted baker dresses sometimes, not Ted Baker Outlet uk peak, will calm. Because there is beloved around the mind to get the best comfort. cheap ted baker dresses I do not know cheap in mind. The silence cheap ted baker dresses of the night to let her have a quick heartbeat. Between cheap ted baker ted baker uk sale dresses cheap and only separated by a layer thin shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card Anita, love the glossy balloon, so great to see another creation of yours, Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Anita, clean, simple and perfect! Love the squishy balloon! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...