Saturday, 18 May 2013

Pastel Butterflies

Morning crafters

I'm back today to share a card I made last night for this week's Muse challenge.  Had to wait until this morning to photograph it!

This week's muse is Therese Calvird and she has created a gorgeous card for us to use as our inspiration.

I visited my craft cupboard but came up with not much at all in the beginning so I decided to pretty much CASE Therese's card and used butterflies and flowers instead.  I love the layout and the use of pastel colours so I stayed with this theme.

Here's what I came up with...


The vision in my head was a bit different to how it turned out and I'm not particularly loving this card now but as I made it for the challenge I thought I may as well share it! :)

The camera hasn't picked up the DP too well, the yellow butterfly has a white swirl design and the blue one has a white circle design.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes Additions; Sentiment tag from unknown set
  • Ink: Versafine - Black Onyx
  • Die: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes
  • Design Paper: Dovecraft - Back to Basics IV (6 x 6 paper pack)
  • Cardstock, paper flowers and dew drops from stash

This was the inspiration card but I don't think I've done this one justice in the slightest!...



Ok, that's all from me today, I hope you all have a fabulous Saturday whatever you're up to.

Bye for now from sunny (yes sunny!) Torquay :)

17 comments:

  1. I love your card - your butterflies look beautiful and I love the cute little flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you kept the colours very similar to the Muse card and such beautiful butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Anita, love the soft pastel colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Anita! Love your soft colour palette, great take on the Muse. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty take on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, this is so pretty. Love the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I like how you used the white flowers in place of the clouds.
    I see you're on the same schedule as me, craft at night, photograph in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. I think you are being too hard on yourself, but we are always our own biggest critics. Those paper pieced butterflies are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty! I agree with Joyce, we are our own biggest critics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card - there can never be enough butterfly cards! Love the use of flowers instead of clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and gentle, Neets, such a pretty take on the muse card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card--wonderful use of the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny thing is I wasn't really keen on my card when I first made it either, but it kind of grew on me and now I like it.. lol. I really think your card is so sweet, such a great choice of pretty pastel papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Neets! I love the pastel colours....so summery!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful, I'm loving it enough for both of us ;) lol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, Neet! Congratulations on the HM honor from the voters at MUSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pastel butterflies. Great take on the muse card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...