Tuesday 5 December 2023

Uniko December 2023 Release - Introducing...Background Blocks Layered Stripes

Good morning

I'm here today to introduce the first product from the latest release coming up from Uniko.

It's a new addition to the Background Blocks series and a lovely bold and versatile design, Background Blocks Layered Stripes.

Here's my first card...


On a panel of white cardstock I stamped and heat embossed the stripes in clear.  I then used the emboss resist technique to ink blend the background before trimming down the panel.  I chose to pair this with a flower created using elements from the Mid Century Modern Florals set stamped in just black and grey to contrast with the background.  I fussy cut the flower and adhered on 3D foam.  I then used a sentiment from the Simply Said Blocks set, which I stamped on a scrap of cardstock that was trimmed from the background piece.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Layered Stripes, Mid Century Modern Florals, Simply Said Blocks
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch, Squeezed Lemonade; Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Morning Mist
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss


And for my second card I combined the background stamp with elements from the Mid Century Modern Baubles set...


I used a circle die to cut a mask and put this in position before stamping the layered stripes background in red.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Mid Century Modern Baubles, as well as the bow which was stamped separately and fussy cut.  I used an embossing pen to create the string and also heat embossed this in gold.  The bow was popped up on 3D foam and I finished the card by adding some dotted shading to the bauble using a gold gel pen. 


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Layered Stripes, Mid Century Modern Baubles
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cardinal; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Accents: Uniball - Signo gold pen


For more projects by the talented Bev and my fellow Brand Ambassadors, please do pop over to the main Uniko blog, here, to see this new stamp in action.

The new products will be available to purchase from the Uniko website from Friday 8 December.

I'll be back with more inspiration using another of the new products tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Fab cards and techniques Anita. Love how you made a Christmas card and the emboss resist on the first card is really clever. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...