Thursday 2 December 2021

Happy Little Stampers December 2021 CAS Challenge

Hi guys

The December challenges at Happy Little Stampers are now rolling out and today it's the turn of the CAS challenge.

Before I get to the challenge details, I have some news.  Sadly, after almost six and a half years, I've made the difficult decision to step down from the Design Team.  Special thanks go to Kylie for being an absolute diamond, a wonderful friend and a brilliant boss lady.  I don't know how you've put up with me for so long!  I've had the pleasure of attending two of her amazing HLS Craft Retreats here in the UK and, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had the opportunity of finally meeting some of my friends from the crafting community.  And of course, thank you to my fellow teamies from the HLS family and participants over the years, you've all been so amazing and supportive.  I've had a blast but I need to step away from Design Team commitments and deadlines for a while, to just give me some time to enjoy my hobby and use my stash without any restrictions.

Ok, let's see what the December challenge is asking for, here's the cue card...



While rummaging through my stash I found a stamp set from Clearly Besotted called Christmas Characters, perfect for this one...


I stamped the little elf in black ink and then coloured him using a blend of Zig markers and water.  I used Strathmore Bristol cardstock for this as it takes water really well.  I then die cut the image with a pierced square die, and another slightly larger cut from red cardstock.  These were layered up onto the card base and I finished with a sentiment, from another Clearly Besotted set.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Characters, Little Elves (sentiment)
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Smooth (for image); other cardstock from stash

Thanks so much for looking, I'm grateful for every visitor.  All the Happy Little Stampers challenges (some still to start) will remain open for entries until the end of the month, so plenty of time to play along.




1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...