Wednesday 29 December 2021

Christmas Card Multiples - Solitary Twiggy Tree


Hi there

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas with your nearest and dearest and a well-earned break.  The approach to Christmas seems so long yet it's all over so fast isn't it?  I'm just enjoying a couple of days leave from work before returning again on Friday.  

Over the next few posts I'll be sharing the remaining Christmas cards I made this year.  

Every year I say I'll start much earlier but this year I was worse than ever, I didn't start the bulk of my Christmas makes until a week into December!  I always make my individual cards from sheets of cardstock as the quality of the card is far superior to ready-made cards, but I do have a box full of card and envelope sets I've accumulated over the years so that's what I now use when making batches of Christmas cards.

I decided I had to go super simple with my main multiples this year and I made 55 of this design all in an hour and a half one evening, and each also had a paper insert!  The MISTI was definitely my best friend here!

For the majority I used kraft card bases...



The solitary tree and the sentiment stamp were both stamped at the same time with black ink.  I just slotted one card after another into the corner of my MISTI and off I went.  I then added different colour smooth adhesive stars to the top of each tree.  And that was it!  I love the design of this tree, I think it's perfect for CAS designs.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Woodware - Mini Tall Twiggy Tree; Clearly Besotted - Simple Script
  • Ink: Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Accents: Papermania Adhesive Gems - Sparling Stars Assorted Brights
  • Card bases from stash

I then had a rummage through my box of cards and envelopes and found some coloured bases, so cracked on and made more of the same design.  I love that these aren't traditional Christmas colours.

Mint bases with pink stars...


and pink bases with blue stars...



Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Game #205 - Christmas
Happy Little Stampers - December Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
NBUS - Challenge #33 - tree stamp is new
Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas
CHNC - Challenge #574 - Anything Goes Christmas





Thanks for popping by to take a look, I'll be back later with more of my Christmas makes



3 comments:

  1. OOOH I love those, so simple and stunning with a touch of glitter or shine from the star. Fabulous. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the little star! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - thanks for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...