Sunday 14 November 2021

Perfectly CAS November 2021 Challenge

Good evening

The November challenge at Perfectly CAS is just launching and, for those of us in many parts of the world heading into winter, we have a challenge that makes you think of the complete opposite, here's the cue card...




I usually rummage in my craft stash for things like palm trees, pineapples, hibiscus flowers and flamingos for this theme but this time I thought of something completely different and managed to use some products in my stash that haven't yet been inked up.

Here's my card...


I began with a die cut scalloped rectangular panel.  I then laid a brush stroke stencil over the panel, just for positioning purposes, and stamped the fish.  I stamped these again on masking paper and covered the images so I could ink through the stencil with Distress Oxides.  I removed the stencil and masks and coloured the fish using Copics.  I stamped the bubbles and lightened the centres with a white gel pen, then added a few more white 'sparkles' in the water.  To finish I stamped the sentiment and adhered the panel flat to the card base.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Best Fishes
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Brush Strokes
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Scalloped Rectangles
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina, Mermaid Lagoon; VersaFine Clair - Nocturne
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Accents: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White 0.8

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #418 - Birthday
STAMPlorations - November Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
NBUS - Challenge #32 - first use of stamps and stencil
Happy Little Stampers - November Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes





I'm absolutely loving this brush stroke stencil so I can that one getting a lot more use in the future.  The challenge link will close a few days prior to the December challenge so there's almost a month to play along.  I hope you can join us for this one.





6 comments:

  1. Oh teamie this is just AWESOME! What a clever design ... LOVE IT!!! Great stenciling, masking & coloring! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the originality of your card!!! So pretty with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! This stencil is fun as water for your colourful fish. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and Happy Little Stampers for the Stencil Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so clever, love the use of the brushstroke stencil as the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought of this, Neet, and I absolutely love it. So simple, but such an effective way to create a vibrant bubbly environment for your colorful fishies! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card and a great way to use NBUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...