Sunday 7 November 2021

CASE Me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton

Hi there

The lovely Michelle Lupton has invited me to join her once again in her CASE me a Christmas Card Series.  CASE can either stand for 'Copy and Share Everything' or 'Copy and Selectively Edit'.  The aim is to take inspiration from any card made by the other and make a Christmas card.



I had a scroll through Michelle's lovely makes and a set of sympathy cards she had made back in May caught my eye.  I was itching to use a gorgeous Christmas embossing folder I'd purchased a month or so ago so this design was perfect...


I embossed a panel using the Perfect Poinsettias embossing folder by Altenew and trimmed it down slightly before inking up the edges with Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany and Festive Berries.  I matted and layered the panel on some deep red cardstock and cut a matching sentiment strip.  The sentiment from the Color Layering Christmas Tree set by Hero Arts was stamped and heat set using Wow! embossing powder in Metallic Gold Rich.


And here is Michelle's gorgeous set of cards below, the photos are shared with her permission... 



Other than making the design a lot bolder for Christmas I didn't really change anything up other than using gold for the sentiment.

So, as that last card was more of a blatant copy than a CASE, I had another scroll through Michelle's and couldn't resist making another! :D

Here it is...


You can see Michelle's inspiration card for this one below.  I used the same layout but instead of a rainbow of inks, I cut strips of cardstock in the traditional Christmas colours of red, green and gold and adhered these to a scrap of paper just to get them lined up.  I trimmed it down to make a panel with nice sharp edges before stamping the stockings image, from a stamp set given free with a previous year's Creative Stamping magazine.  I stamped it in black but the gold cardstock was a little slick and I wasn't sure it would actually dry any time within this century so I heat embossed it in Wow! Clear Gloss to seal the image.  I adhered the panel to the card base, added a slim strip of back glitter cardstock along the top edge and finished with the sentiment, stamped in black, from the same free set.

And here is Michelle's gorgeous rainbow birthday card....




Thank you so much for taking a look and thank you once again to Michelle for inviting me to take part in her fun series.  

CASEing cards is a great way to craft if you need a creative nudge, just remember to give credit to the original designer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...