Tuesday 22 October 2019

Honey Doo Crafts - October 2019 Release - Selection Three

Hi there

I'm back with more makes using the latest release from Honey Doo Crafts, apologies that this post is so late in the day!  I'll be sharing the last of my samples on here tomorrow, ahead of the shows on Hochanda on Thursday.

I'll get straight to it.  First up I've used the new Stitch in Time and New Job stamp sets...


I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and leaves from the Stitch in Time set, used the emboss resist technique to colour blend them with Distress Inks then fussy cut them out.  I masked three edges of card base and ink blended with Distress Oxide, fading it out down the card.  Finally, the sentiment was stamped in black ink before layering up the images and adding white enamel dots.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Stitch in Time, New Job
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn; Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Doodlebug Sprinkles - Lily White

Challenge entries:

Dream Valley - Challenge #212 - Add a Sentiment
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #37 - CAS




The next card also used the new Stitch in Time and New Job sets, along with the previously released Mesh stencil...


On a panel of white cardstock I stamped the flowers then masked them before blending the background with Distress Inks through the Mesh stencil.  I left the flowers uncoloured, just adding some purple colour to the centres with a coloured pencil.  I die cut the panel with a scallop border die and adhered the panel flat to the top edge of the card.  The stamped sentiment and some enamel dots completed the design and I rounded the corners to echo the scallops of the border.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Stitch in Time, New Job
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Mesh
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink: Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Speckled Scallops Die Collection
  • Accents: Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencil; Doodlebug Sprinkles - Silver

Challenge entries:

Inkspirational - Challenge #198 - Mask



My next sample uses the new Ribbons stencil, and new stamp sets Starry Eye and New Job...


I began by using the shifted stencilling technique with the Ribbons stencil, blending with two blue shades of ink.  I then die cut a section of it with a stitched circle die.  I then stamped and heat embossed the flowers onto some patterned paper and the leaves onto vellum before fussy cutting them out.  The stencilled die cut and the flowers were then layered up and adhered to the card base using glue dots before stamping the sentiment in grey ink.  I then added some Nuvo drops to the flower centres.


Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Ribbons
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky; VersaMark; Memento - London Fog
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circles
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Starry Eye, New Job
  • Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka Mon Amie
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Vellum from stash
  • Accents: Nuvo Crystal Drops - Antique Rose


And I've used the new Starry Eye and New Job sets on this card too...


These images are stamped, masked and heat embossed in white on coloured cardstock.  I've then added some shading with coloured pencils to the petals and leaves.  The sentiment has been stamped on a sentiment strip die and I've finished this simple card with some pale blue gems.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Starry Eye, New Job
  • Ink: VersaMark; Altenew - Caribbean Sky
  • Enbossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Sentiment Strips


I've be popping back on here tomorrow night to share the last of my samples, hope to see you then.


(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

1 comment:

  1. Four stunning cards, Anita! You create magic with this company's images! I LOVE X LOVE your masked card; absolutely gorgeous and so seamless! Anytime I try to mask, I wind up with 'borders'! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...