Saturday 12 October 2019

Challenge Me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton

Hi guys

I'm honoured to share that the super talented and lovely Michelle Lupton has invited me to join her again this year for her 'Challenge Me a Christmas Card' series.




She asked me to choose any style, theme, technique or product for us both to use on a Christmas card.  I chose Inlaid Die Cuts.

I love this technique.  Not only does it look great, it often leaves you with excess to do a twofer!  That's exactly what happened with mine...


I wanted to go with non-traditional colours as I was using a modern style Christmas tree die.  I began but die cutting two pierced squares, one from white glitter cardstock and the other from rose gold mirri cardstock.  I die cut the tree from each and then inlaid the positive part of the die in the opposite panel, and the negative bitty bits back into the gaps of each original panel, adhering on the back with some paper covered with dry adhesive.  The panels were then mounted on 3D foam onto larger square die cut panels and adhered to the card bases, and a very simple sentiment stamped below in black ink on each card.




I would love to know which version you prefer.  I think I'm leaning towards the glittered panel with the mirri inlay, that may be because mirri card is so difficult to photograph! lol


Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax; Clearly Besotted - Christmas Tree Die
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock from stash


Challenge entries:

Just Us Girls - Challenge #509 - Trend Week - Frame It
Happy Little Stampers - October Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Happy Little Stampers - October Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes (option: twinkle)
Always Fun - Challenge #131 - Dies or Punches
Dream Valley - Challenge #211 - Clean and Simple




Please do pop over to Michelle's blog which you can find here, to see what she created with the same technique.

Thanks again, Michelle, for inviting me to join you and your friends for this fantastic card series :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your gorgeous inlaid die cut on these beautiful CAS cards, Anita! The colour of the mirror card is so lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...