Saturday 30 March 2019

Less is More Challenge #392

Good morning

I'm back this morning to introduce the next challenge over at Less is More.  As there are three Saturdays in March we have a Lucky Dip challenge this time.  Here is the cue card...



eg. sunlight, moonlight, starlight, electric light, or anything else that springs to mind.


Once again, our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Visible Image

Visible Image



We also have a member of the Visible Image Design Team, Veerle Morels, joining us as a Guest Designer for this challenge, so please do pop over to her blog and say hi.


For my card I used a stunning stamp set from Visible Image called Into The Woods, together with a couple more stamps from my stash...



I first die cut a circle die from a post-in note to use as a mask for the sun before blending the gradient background with four different shades of Distress Ink to create the sunset.  I then stamped the background layer of trees with grey ink and the trees in the foreground in black.  The birds were also stamped in black before trimming down the panel and matting onto some black cardstock.  This was then adhered to the card base the sentiment stamped below in black.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Visible Image - Into The Woods; Inkylicious - Simply Trees (birds); MFT - Grand Peaceful Wild Flowers (sentiment)
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade; Memento - London Fog; Versfine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #334 - Clean and Simple


Thanks so much for visiting.  For more inspiration please do pop over to the main Less is More challenge page where my fellow teamies are sharing some great makes, and there could be more on their personal blogs too.

I have a lot to share over the next few days so would love for you to pop back and take a look.  Have a great weekend.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sky is so beautiful Anita and it’s the kind of sunset that we often get over here in the Algarve. Such a wonderful use of those stamps (one of my favourite sets). I love this card. Have a fantastic weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Anita ! This card is definitely peaceful with this beautiful sunset sky. Hummm, spring just arrived and I already dream of summer when watching your card ! This stamp set is the ONE to have to showcase such wonderful skies. Have a fabulous week ! xx And thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scene is bloody amazing. I love the depth you achieved! The whole design is quite mesmerising! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful stamp Anita but I think it's the fabulous sunset sky that really makes it - so cleverly done and very natural. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, this scene is absolutely gorgeous. Such a serene sky - I can almost hear the quiet. Love the grays in the silhouettes too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...