Thursday 28 March 2019

Hidden Sentiment Splats

Hi guys

Apologies for the silence here for almost two weeks.  I've been creating lots behind the scenes but haven't been able to share those yet, but they'll be up on here very soon.

On top of that I was unwell for a while, after finally fighting off my cold I then had chronic sinusitis so for about ten days I felt like I'd been kicked in the face.  But it's finally subsided and I'm feeling much better now.  I kind of lost almost the whole of March!

So, until I can share my DT makes, in the meantime I thought I'd pop in to share a card I made last week for my godson's 13th birthday, it only seems like a couple of years since I was at his Christening and now he's a teenager!  Where does the time go?

I really struggle with masculine cards and even more so when they are for teenagers, so I went with bright colours and splats!  Who knows why?! :D



On a panel of white cardstock the same size as the card base I blended ink through a splats stencil with Distress Inks.  I then die cut the happy birthday from the panel, being sure to save all the little in-betweeny bits.  I then die cut it twice more from some black cardstock.  I added adhesive all over the card base and adhered the panel.  I then adhered one of the black die cuts into the negative space, filling in the spaces with the bits saved from the first cut.  The second black die cut and the original layer were then stacked and adhered on top.  You can see the dimension in the next photo...


To finish I die cut two balloons from black cardstock, and also stamped and die cut the numbers.  These were adhered together and affixed to the card, and I hand drew the balloon strings.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Imagination Crafts - Splats
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday Words; Clearly Besotted - Got Your Number
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Got Your Number

Thanks so much for stopping by, I'll try not to leave it so long next time!

1 comment:

  1. Such an effective technique for a card! Love the bold colour splashes
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...