Saturday 24 November 2018

Less is More Challenge #385

Good morning, folks

It's time for another new challenge over at Less is More.


Before I share the challenge details I just want to take a moment to say farewell to our fabulous teamie and leader, my lovely friend, Sarah who has decided to step down from the team.  Sarah, you've been amazing since taking over the running of the challenge, working so hard behind the scenes, and I, as well as the rest of the DT are going to miss you enormously.  I know you'll stay in touch and may also join us from time to time at Less is More, but if you don't, just remember, I know where you live!!! :)  Missing you already, buddy xx


The challenge starting today will also be the last one of 2018 (booo!) but on a cheery note, along with this challenge we are also holding a Design Team call (yay!).  You can find full details over on the main challenge blog, here.


Ok, on to the challenge details and, yes, it's the 'Marmite' challenge, you either love or hate it.  It's One Layer time but to take the pain away we've made the theme really easy for you...


Continuing as our November sponsor is Happy Little Stampers, so please do play along to be in with a chance of winning the monthly prize

Picture



We have a Guest Designer joining us for this challenge too, Katrina Bufton, who was our Lucky Dip winner back in September.  If you have time, please do stop by her blog to say hi and take a look at her fabulous holiday card.


I have two cards for you this time, here's the first...


I began by debossing the card base using a bauble die, then die cut a post-it note with the same die to create a mask before colour blending with Distress Inks.  Once dry I stamped the snowflake onto the bauble with VersaMark ink and heat embossed in white.  I then stamped the sentiment above it in black ink and hand drew the string and bow with a silver pen.  The debossed detail can be seen more clearly in the photo below...


Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Signature Christmas Die Collection
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet; VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Let It Snow and Merry Kissmas
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Signo Uniball pen - Silver

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #319 - Clean and Simple
Fab 'n' Funky - Challenge #417 - Christmas
Stamping Sensations - November Challenge - Get Ready for Christmas
Happy Little Stampers - November Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes (CAS)




I wasn't going to share this card as I wasn't happy with the ink blending, I think an odd piece of rogue cardstock found it's way into my stash and the blend was really grainy!  But I do like the card overall so here it is...



I masked around the edges of the card base with post-it notes, leaving a rectangle in the centre.  I then used a landscape die to die cut a mask from some spare cardstock and then blended the sky with Distress Inks.  I removed the landscape mask so I could add some blue to the snow at the base to highlight the rectangle.  I stamped the sentiment before placing the mask back in position. To finish I spread some embossing paste through a splatter stencil to create the snow.


Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Tree Landscape Die
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stencil: Tim Holtz - Speckles
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver

Challenge entries:

Just Add Ink - Challenge #435 - Photo Inspiration




I do hope you'll play along in our last challenge of the year, and it's a great reason to get some more Christmas/Holiday cards done, if like me you're way behind with them!  And I hope some of you will also apply to be on the DT, our participants are so talented.

Bye for now.

14 comments:

  1. Love those two cards Anita...the first is so ‘you’ ( as in your style) with its classic and classy elegance. I’m so glad you shared the second card too. Even if it was rogue card stock, the blend adds to the impression of texture. Both are gorgeous. Thank you for your hard work and fab creations for us this year. You’ve been my right hand rock for the past few months and I do appreciate it. Have a lovely break in December xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second card is beautiful, Anita! I too am glad you shared it... the colours create a pretty winter sky. And your first card is fabulously CAS. Fantatic debossing and ink blending. Enjoy your month off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. two stunning looking cards Anita so glad you decided to share the snow scene as the soft colours and design are just perfect. Love them both hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the very soft and subtle colouring of your background Anita, it's so atmospheric! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty design, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Christmas' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for entering our CAS Challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More! Fabulous cards! Love the sparkle in both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauties. Love the colour of that gorgeous bauble. You inspired my card ;) The second is very special too. I love the granulation achieved giving the softness of the falling snow. The pastel give a beautiful lightness which I appreciate.
    Wishing you a festive season filled with love and joy for you and your loved ones, Merry Christmas, paper hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both beautiful cards, Anita. The first is exceptionally simple and gorgeous. I love purple for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, Anita ! I love the debossed bauble with the snowflake in the middle. Your blending is so perfect that the snowflake is even more shiny. And what a beautiful winter scene on your second card. Your blending looks fabulous for me. Great idea to add blue on the snow, it looks like even more real. Love them both ! Enjoy the break ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card, Anita! And I do like your grainy sky too! It's a lovely design and the soft colours are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As ever your crisp, CAS, stunning designs and beautiful colours just have me swooning. Perfect, dynamic one layer cards. Thanks for all your sweet words teamie ... will miss you but keep in touch. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous! your card has such a lovely soft feel with the light colours you've used for your shading - I just love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...