Friday 9 November 2018

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection Two

Good morning

I'm back today to share more makes using the wonderful products from Honey Doo Crafts which will be showcased on Hochanda tomorrow.

Honey Doo Crafts have some absolutely stunning floral stamps, some simple outlines which are great for colouring, and others which are super detailed.

My first card today features a flower and leaves from the Cherry Blossom set, together with co-ordinating dies, and a background using the super cool Brush Strokes set...


This is one of my favourites using these products.  Directly on the card base I stamped the same brush stroke image in two different shades of dye ink to create a kind of plaid effect.  The flower and leaves were stamped and embossed in white and I used co-ordinating Distress Inks to blend the colour.  These were then die-cut with their co-ordinating dies.  The leaves were adhered flat, the flower was popped up on 3D foam and I stamped the sentiment in black, positioned to balance the design.  I finished with a single glittered enamel dot for the flower centre.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Brush Strokes, Cherry Blossom, Birthday Sentiments
  • Dies: Honey Doo - Cherry Blossom
  • Ink: Altenew - Lagoon, Sea Breeze; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio
  • Enamel dot from stash



Next up I've used another of the gorgeous floral sets called Fleur, which I've also paired with Brush Strokes for background detail...


I love grey and blush together so chose that colour palette for this one.  I started on the card base and stamped one of the brush stroke images three times to add interest to the background.  The flowers and leaves were stamped and heat embossed in white onto grey and blush cardstock and fussy cut.  These were really easy to cut out just by following the embossed edges.  Before adhering these I used the handle of a paint brush to add a slight curl to the leaves and petals, then popped some up on glue dots.  The dimension can be seen more clearly below...


The sentiment was stamped in a co-ordinating grey ink and to add some interest to the card base I created some double score lines around the edge.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Brush Strokes, Fleur, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: Altenew - Blush; Hero Arts - Soft Granite; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Coloured Cardstock: Papermania - Midnight Blush


On this next card I used Fleur again for an autumnal theme...



I began with some kraft cardstock and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white.  I then used the different leaves from the set and also heat embossed these in white.  I then used coloured pencils to add the shading to the leaves.  The panel was then trimmed down with a stitched rectangle die. 


Before adhering the panel flat, I stamped the flowers in a soft neutral shade to add interest to the border of the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Fleur, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: VersaMark; Altenew - Morning Frost
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangles
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Kraft Cardstock - Neenah - Desert Storm


For this card I used the gorgeous Carnation set...



On a panel of watercolour cardstock I stamped the stems and the flower heads, with a little masking to place one behind the other.  Once the ink was dry I covered the majority of the card, just leaving the area of the flower heads visible, and very lightly sprinkled some Brusho crystals in two shades before spritzing with water.  I used a paint brush to manipulate some of the colour then left to dry. I then die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment in the same black ink.


To finish, I mixed some silver mica powder with water and gently splattered my panel to add some shimmer and sparkle.  The panel was then adhered to a co-ordinating coloured card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Carnation, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Brushos - Purple, Ultramarine
  • Die: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Mica Powder: Honey Doo - Silver Sparkle
  • Cardstock from stash


Don't forget, Honey Doo Crafts have two upcoming shows on the craft shopping channel, Hochanda (Freeview 85 / Sky 673) this coming Saturday, 10 November 2018, a 10am and 2pm GMT.


Thanks so much for popping by.  I'll be sharing more of my makes shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...