Tuesday 5 December 2017

CASology Week 278 - Guest Designer!

Good afternoon

I was lucky enough to win Challenge #272 at CASology a few weeks ago so today I'm joining the lovely team as Guest Designer!




I'll get straight to it an give you the cue word...




I will admit, I didn't have many Stormy options but I eventually came up with this card..


On some pale grey cardstock I blended some Hickory Smoke Distress Ink along the edge of a cloud stencil to create a background.  I used some stitched frame dies to create the frame.  This was adhered flat to my card base and I then stamped the sentiment in blue ink and finished with a die cut sun (actually a flower die!) from yellow cardstock, gently blended with a little Distress Ink.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: MFT - Mini Cloud Edges
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke, Wild Honey; Versa Color - Lapislazuli
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - April Showers
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Frame It Die Collection; Creative Expressions - Finishing Touches: Chrysanthemum

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope to be back in a day or so with some more of my Christmas makes.

5 comments:

  1. Great card to reflect the word given x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this. Such a fantastic design, and even more clever when I read how you made it without any specific stormy stamps. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your well-deserved win and Guest Designer spot, Anita! This is a beautiful take on the cue card...I love your stormy sky and bold yellow sun! Great job retaining all that gorgeous white space, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita,
    I'm a great fan of all your cards but I am very bad at leaving you a comment....I am sorry. I love this card, so bright and cheery yet very chic. Great idea with the centre frame!Thanks for all your inspiration this year. Your beautiful work always brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...love that sentiment! Congrats on your guest designer spot!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...