Saturday 26 November 2016

Less is More Week #304

Hi there

It's new challenge day at Less is More and this week we're back with our Recipe challenge.  This week we have a technique for you and it's one that can create some fabulous effects.  We would like to see you...


Use an Emboss Resist Technique


Apologies again, just one card for you this week.  I was away last weekend and have had two evening meetings this week as well as visiting a friend so I've struggled to make any more in the evenings.  Hopefully things will now slow down a little....I hope so, I've not really started my Christmas cards yet!  But here's one to add to my pathetically small collection so far!

I decided to use the work of the awesome Heather Telford as my inspiration.  Heather is an amazing artist and I particularly love her snowscape creations.  I've seen her previously create snow on branches using emboss resist so I decided to give it a go.  If you have time you really should pop over to her blog, you certainly won't be disappointed.


This look is created by stamping first in VersaMark, and then shifting very slightly, only a millimetre or two, before stamping again in coloured ink.  I used black here.  The MISTI was the perfect tool for this as I stamped and then just shifted my card up a touch before stamping again, you could use a stamp positioner for this too. All the stamping is then heat embossed in clear so that when you ink blend over the top the stamped images resist the ink.


I finished by stamping the sentiment and then adhering the panel to my card base on some fun foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Card-io - Branching Out; Paul Pascual - Christmas Messages
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velvet
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #221 - Anything Goes
The Male Room - Challenge #49 - ????Scapes
Time Out - Challenge #71 - Christmas
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #34 - Anything Goes Christmas
CASology - Challenge #225 - Soft
Inkspirational - Challenge #122 - Chill


Grab Our Badge!


I love how this turned out, although I shifted the card a little more on the lower branch than the upper  one...it was obviously snowing heavier lower down! lol :)

Thanks so much for joining me today, and please don't forget to visit my teamies over at the challenge blog for lots more emboss resist inspiration.


20 comments:

  1. I love this technique and the stunning effect it gives! You've chosen perfect ink colours for a subtle yet seasonal background too. Really beautiful card Anita! Hope life calms down for you soon, and have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning neets! The double stamping makes an awesome highlight like frost on the branches. Beautifully inked in those soft shades! A real wintery and festive feel to it! Have a good weekend and enjoy the show!!! Not too much though!😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful technique. The snow covered branch really pops against the softly coloured sky - beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried that technique to create a snowy outline - fabulous! Love the delicate inking too - it creates a lovely wintry image. I hope you get a bit more crafty time this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful technique and I love the sponging! Fabulous CAS design too. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational and TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card here Anita and great soft blending too, love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so beautiful..love your silver branch, it looks just amazing on your incredible background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card. This really is perfect for the weather we are having today. Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita I love your soft delicate background. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you Anita
    miss the time we visit each other
    but I know I am busy got new job and less commenting only DT job bring me here hehe LOL
    I adore your shiny branch
    adorable soft BG you made too
    Great card Anita happy sunday for you and see you around maybe on my Blog?
    Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty and delicate card Anita. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Anita! Love that soft sky and the shine of the branch. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely wintry card, just fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Anita ! What a gorgeous effect this technique ! I love how it seems that the branch is frozen ! And your background is just awesome ! I have to try this tip ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty card. I love how you used that new technique, and your background is so soft and pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Anita, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! So simple and so beautiful. Love those silver branches and the inking is so subtle and beautiful. Thanks for taking "Time Out" to play our Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful technique, Anita, thank you for sharing it! Your card is yummy, the inking is so soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a cool way to use the technique! Your branches look awesome. The delicate colours for the background finish the card perfectly. So sorry I am late visiting this week....too much knitting had to get finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a lovely wintery scene - just super! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...