Monday, 29 August 2016

Split Brusho Background

Hi guys

So sorry it's been so long since I shared a card which wasn't made for one of my DT roles.  Today, I thought I'd finally share one of the cards I made whilst attending the Happy Little Stampers Craft Retreat in Swindon last month.

At the retreat we all received a box of Brusho colours and for much of the weekend we were all getting messy and inky trying different techniques.  I already own some Brushos but haven't really experimented fully with them so it was great to learn some new techiques.  Kylie, my lovely 'boss' at Happy Little Stampers was a fantastic teacher and showed us how to create some awesome backgrounds.  We also all received a Happy Little Stampers apron, very much needed when using these little pots of colour pigment!!!

So, this card was made using a section of the background I created with the laundry starch and cling film technique...


So this background was created by spraying laundry starch onto some watercolour card, sprinkling on some Brusho colours (I think I used Turquoise and Emerald here), spraying again and then covering with some crumpled up cling film and then leaving to dry.  I stamped the flower and leaves image numerous times with VersaMark before heat embossing in white.  I then cut the panel down and split it using a dotted border die.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto my card base and then popped up the panels either side on 3D foam.  For a final touch I added some clear Wink of Stella to the flowers.

The image here was from a stamp set I bought on route to the retreat, from Snazzys Stamping and Scrapbooking Store in Swindon.  I met a few of my fellow retreat attendees in here where we might have spent a few pennies! Well, for me it landed right on pay day! Woohoo :)

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Daler Rowney - Aquafine Watercolour
  • Ink: Brusho - Turquoise and Emerald; VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Dina Wakley Media - Scribbly Flowers; MFT - Beary Special Birthday
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear
  • Other Materials: Laundry Starch, Cling Film

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Game #72 - New To You Technique (although not much white space I would still see this as CAS - please disregard if you think it's too busy)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - No Designer Paper
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #27 - Clean and Simple
Stamping Sensations - August Challenge - Anything Goes
Penny Black and More - August Challenge - Anything Goes with a Stamp



Thanks so much for popping by, I'll be back with another post shortly.



13 comments:

  1. Love this Neets, those colours are gorgeous together and the white embossing is perfect!
    So pleased we met after all this time. To the next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm no where have I seen this stunning card before???
    You've kept this one hidden - did it re-appear during the clear up campaign last weekend?
    Hee Hee! Love it. Brilliant and vibrant and great to see in our AAA gallery this week.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the white blooms are gorgeous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed the retreat,:( but I'm going to have to give this technique a go - such amazing vibrant colours. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, lovely colours.
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours and design.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card, great colors and excellent technique of multiple stamping. I hadn't heard of that before but I think it's definitely something I want to try. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week! xJessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card. Love the background and pretty flower stamping.. and the white panel with sentiment looks really fab.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our CAS Challenge! :-)
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely creation with great stamping and inking, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the colour! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Anita! Love the colors!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how this turned out. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...