Saturday 13 August 2016

Less is More Week 289

Hi guys

It's that dreaded time again....time for a One Layer challenge at Less is More!  We know you love 'em really!  So, this week we would like to see...


Something French


I did struggle a bit this week as I have a serious lack of French themed stash but I managed to cobble together a couple of samples for you.


There are many French phrases used in the English language so for my first card I chose a 'Bon Voyage' theme...


I started by using a die to create the debossed square frame, created by using a rubber mat with my Big Shot instead of the cutting plate.  Next I used a chevron stamp to create the waves, using mini pigment ink cubes to ink up the three stripes.  I masked this and then stamped the ship.  I liked it left uncoloured so I just added some clear Wink of Stella to the steam/smoke clouds and the portholes.  A simple black sentiment was stamped to finish.

Materials used:

  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Work of Art; Clearly Besotted - Going Places
  • Ink: Versa Color - Turquoise, Lagoon Blue, Lapislazuli, Indigo; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear




Masking is a popular technique for one layer cards which I used on my second card...



I used a heart die to cut an aperture in a masking sheet and placed this over my card base.  I then blended three pink shades of Distress Ink.  With the mask still in place I stamped over the blending with a French script stamp in a co-ordinating shade to create a subtle background.  This was my second attempt at this card, the first one turned out perfectly until I realised I'd stamped the French text upside down....again!  Because of the swirly font it's really difficult to tell which way up it is and on my first card it was a little bolder so very noticeable that I'd made a boob! lol  After removing the mask I stamped the Eiffel Tower and the sentiment in black before adding some Wink of Stella to the little heart which was then covered with Glossy Accents.

Materials used:

  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Hearts
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry; Versa Color - Amethyst; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - En Francais; Clearly Besotted - Je T'aime
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents

Challenge entry:

CASology - Week 210 - Dizzy (falling in love makes you dizzy, and I imagine you might feel like that standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower too! lol)



My teamies have created some great cards this week so why not pop over if you need some inspiration.  Not an easy challenge this week so I can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for stopping by :)



16 comments:

  1. Wonderfully crisp and CAS cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection teamie! Love the idea to use French sentiments on both cards and the ship sailing on the chevron stamps looks fantastic! Love the Eiffel tower against the inky heart too but your explanation of dizzy for casology had me in stitches!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how many times I stamp things upside down - and not just my script stamp lol! So glad it's not just me :) Your cards are fab. I love the elegant simplicity of the first one (debossing a frame for the image was genius), and masking that gorgeous heart and script stamping it gives a fabulous effect on the second card. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fun and fab French themed makes

    Have a great weekend

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both great - love the graphic elements and pops of colour. So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fantastic CAS cards. Really love how you masked and stamped that pretty heart. I would definitely get dizzy from the top of the Eifel Tower. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bowl me over each week with your perfect placement of the elements on your cards Anita. Loving these two as well. Using chevrons was a brill idea for the waves and that heart....oh! That glorious heart! C'est magnifique! Had to laugh about the script being upside down....I always do a trial stamping on scrap paper to make sure I get mine the right way up nowadays - done the upside down trick WAY too many times. ;-)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two simply fabulous French cards. Just love your incredible heart. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are beautiful...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita two fantastic cards. Love your boat and the bon voyage sentiment and the pretty ink blended heart and Eiffel tower image. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if you're not dizzy in love you would definitely be dizzy looking down from atop the Eiffel Tower! (I've done it, and I was dizzy!) I love your one-layer beauty, such great masking and stamp placement. I probably wouldn't have noticed if the script was upside down...and, hey, you could always blame the dizziness! ;) Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two brilliant cards and I love the blending on the heart. Made me laugh about your boob!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I went up the Eiffel tower we used the steps as the queue for the lift was so long-I did get dizzy coming back down (although not from the very top) couldn't do that today though! Lovely cards especially that big bright heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ended up making two really darling and clever French cards, Anita! Love the chevron ocean and your beautiful masking!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fantastic cards, Anita! I really love how you created the heart with the Eiffel Tower and the very clean style of the "bon voyage" card.
    Thanks for your nice comment.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...