It's new challenge time at Less is More and as it's the first Saturday of the month we have our regular Colour challenge for you, and this week it's the following combo...
Blue and Green
Anyhoooo, here are my samples for you this week...
I started by making a stencil using a leaf die and sponged green Distressd Ink through it onto a cardstock panel. I then stamped the butterfly with Distress Ink, drawing in some of the ink with water to give the image some muted colour, and then die cut using the co-ordinating die. I stamped the sentiment and then created some ink splatters with a mix of Distress Ink and water. The butterfly was adhered on 3D foam and some Wink of Stella added to it for some shimmer.
- Dies: Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents, Elegant Butterflies
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Elegant Butterflies; Uniko - Pure Florals Cosmos
- Ink: Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagooon, Peacock Feathers; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #338 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #152 - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - Game #53 - Anything Goes
Any my second card...
On a spare piece of cardstock I stamped the image and heat embossed with clear powder before blending Distress Inks over it. This was then die cut using a diagonal stitched rectangle die. The sentiment from the same set was then stamped in black. I wanted the card to be simple but the panel looked a little lost wherever I positioned it so to echo the diagonal faux stitching I used my score board to create some diagonal score lines across the bottom corner of the card base. The inked panel was then popped up on 3D foam.
- Stamps: Stampin' Up - Simply Sketched
- Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
- Die: MFT Die-namics - Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- Tools: Score Board
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #9 - Give Thanks
The Male Room - Challenge #24 - Thanksgiving or Thanks
Please pop by and visit my teamies if you can, and we'd love for you to join us this week and can't wait to see this colour combo in the gallery.
Right, I'm off to try to get something Christmassy done! Bye for now x