Saturday, 19 December 2015

Less is More - Two-Weeker!

Good morning crafters

There is a new challenge just starting over at Less is More.  This challenge will run for two weeks to cover the Christmas/New Year break.  We've worked our way around our usual sequence and we're back with a Theme challenge which is....


Homespun


Not an easy challenge for me but I've got two sample cards for you today showing how I interpreted the theme.  Here they are...



I stamped four different stitch designs on a white cardstock panel and topped with a faux stitched heart, stamped and die cut from some patterned paper.  I tied some twine in a bow to the back of a button, adhered this with a glue dot and stamped the sentiment to co-ordinate with the button.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Hot Off The Press - Stamped Stitches; Clearly Besotted - Love Hearts (and co-ordinating die)
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Celadon
  • Patterned paper from stash
  • Accents: Twine - Hemptique - Ruby Collection; Button - Stampin' Up - Subtles



And my second card...


I embossed a white cardstock panel with a patchwork quilt design.  I then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white cardstock and the image onto some gingham patterned paper.  I swirled some jute twine and anchored it in place when adhering the image on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Embossing folder: DoCrafts - Boofle
  • Stamps: Woodware - Home Sweet Home
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Patterned Paper: DoCrafts - Boofle
  • Accents: Jute twine from stash


We'd love to see how you interpret this theme.  And don't forget, this challenge will run for a fortnight, with the next challenge starting on Saturday 2 January 2016.

Thanks so much for stopping by.



11 comments:

  1. Striking elegant and classy homespun ideas!
    Love 'em! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both of these Anita my friend! They give me a cosy feeling, just looking at them! Thanks for the inspiration during 2015 and I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2016! Have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas my friend and every good thing in the upcoming New Year! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stitch stamps, Anita - they add a great folksy look without the bulk! The patchwork embossed background on the second card looks great too. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card as ever Anita... I love that embossing folder.. I'm a bit green over that one. Thanks for your awesome card you sent to me too!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love both of these! The stitching stamps look fab used together and what a perfect EF for the theme!
    Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Neets. Hope your having a great Christmas xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Anita - I love the textured quilt background of the second one. Seasons greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both cards. I LOVE the collective stamped stitching! I have some of these and have never used them together ... guess what I'll be having a go at?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are wonderful. I always love stitching effects and that patchwork background is making me very envious. I think I'd use it on every card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...