It's time for yet another new challenge at Less is More, where on earth are these weeks going? We're back with a Theme challenge for you this week and it's certainly one that I always struggle with, we want your creations to be.....
Please remember to keep your creations clean and simple
So, without further ado, here are some examples for you...
A while ago I received a lovely gesture from the very sweet Barb Ghig of Barb's Studio Creations. She had seen a comment I had made about not being able to get hold of Papertrey Ink products in the UK without paying really high shipping costs so she very sweetly sent me lots, and I mean lots (!!!), of die cut images, all by Papertrey Ink. Thanks once again, Barb, you are so so kind! My stash has been all over the place for a while but I finally used one of them on this card.
I stamped various sunburst images to create the background directly on my card base. I then used the 'happy' die cut word and coloured it with a black ProMarker and adhered it to the card base. I stamped the sentiment offset below in black, and a few tiny black gemstones were scattered around before smothering the 'happy' with Glossy Accents.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Sunburst, Sentimental Type
- Die: Papertrey Ink - Wet Paint
- Ink: Versa Color - Topaz, Khaki, Atlantic, Bamboo; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Accents: Glossy Accents; Black gemstones from stash
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #331 - Clean and Simple
Crafty Catz - Challenge #297 - Anything Goes
I adhered a piece of striped patterned paper to the bottom section of the card. I then cut a thin strip of blue cardstock and adhered this along the top of the paper to give it a clean edge, and doodled a faux stitched line using a black fineliner pen. The celebrate flag is from a free set I recently received from Clearly Besotted and this was stamped at the top in black ink and a few co-ordinating Doodlebug Sprinkles were added to finish.
- Patterned Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmakers Ultimate Pack (years old!)
- Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Flag Sentiments
- Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
- Accents: Derwent Graphik Line Maker pen; Doodlebug Sprinkles - Blue Jean, Limeade and Bon Bon
A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #155 - Spots and/or Stripes
And finally, one for the younger male...
I'm always lacking in my stock of these cards so thought this was a good opportunity to make one! I used a rectangle die to cut out a piece of polka dot patterned paper and adhered this flat to my card base. I stamped the train, die cut with its co-ordinating die, and then coloured it in with ProMarkers. The train was then popped up on 3D foam and the sentiment from the same set stamped below.
- Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Going Places
- Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Kraft in Color paper pad
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Going Places
- Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
- Coloured with ProMarkers
If you have the time, please pop by my teamies' personal blogs where they will be sharing more inspiration with you. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery this week to give ME some inspiration for masculine cards!
Bye for now