Saturday 12 July 2014

Bullrush Sunset

Hi guys

I'm back with the second card I've made for the new one layer challenge at Less is More, to 'Adapt a Fingerprint'.

I made use of my chalks on this one, something I haven't used for a long time...




I used a large post-it note to mask off one side of the card base and then used my chalks to blend a sunset background.  I then used the side of my little finger to stamp the bullrushes.  This was my second attempt at this card.  For my first attempt I got this far and then hand drew the stems but I really wasn't happy with them so I started again and raided my stamp collection.  This time, before stamping my fingerprints I stamped the stems, part of a stamp, then made the fingerprints, before hand drawing in the tips with a fine liner.  The little flying birds are also from the same set. This looks like a very peaceful scene so I decided to make this into a sympathy card, stock I have very little of as they are never easy to make at a sad time.

Materials used:

  • Chalks: Craf-T Products - Decorating Chalks
  • Stamps: Kanban - Spring Meadow; Clearly Besotted - Many Messages, My Fingerprint
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black

I would also like to enter this into the following challenge:

CAS on Sunday - Challenge #37 - One Layer Wonder
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #42 - Sky (thanks to Loll for reminding me!)


Using fingerprints is great fun, why not have a go if you haven't already.  It's like being back at school! :)

Bye for now




23 comments:

  1. Wowzers Anita ... you're rockin' today!
    Another perfect and stunning creation with a very clever finger print
    Love it
    thanks again for taking part
    Sarah (LIM)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card.. I love how you used your little finger Lol... those bullrushes look so good! Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great idea, at first I couldn't spot the fingerprints! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rather splendid idea too - love your sunset background too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anita, I love your card. The colors are amazing. I just bought my daughter some pastel chalk and I might have to use them and try this. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever! love how you went out of the box
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Neets, it would be difficult to guess that the bulrushes were made using your fingers... simply fab card!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita. Really beautiful sky on this ... the chalks blend so perfectly. Love your fingerprint bulrushes - so clever! This would be a perfect entry for Addicted to CAS, code word: SKY. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful colouring. Thanks for the inkspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really enjoy looking at your cards. Both fingerprint cards are just perfect. I do have a soft spot for your sunset though. They are a bit of a fave with me at the moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Neets, another awesome creation, the whorls give fab texture to your bullrushes
    Thanks for getting inky with LIM this week
    Anne
    'Less is More'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Chalk, pinkie finger - super. I think using chalks is a great idea and I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant!! Love your bull rushes and soft chalky panel, lovely colours :D x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, what a soft and sweet scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just perfect, you would never know the grasses were fingerprints, so clever to use the side of a finger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I love this card and the soft colours! And the grasses are perfect! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the bullrushes and how you created them, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you blended your chalks to create your sky, Anita! Such a lovely sentiment, too! Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those bullrushes look like they have been rubber stamped !! Fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful CAS one layer card with so much interest packed onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love the technique you used!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow this is so clever, I sooo love this card :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...