Friday 4 October 2024

Uniko - Let's Have Some FLIPPIN' Seasonal Fun - Introducing...Ink & Flip Layering Geometric Christmas Tree

Good morning!

It's time to introduce the second of the new Ink & Flip stencils from Uniko.

This one is a great layering set, it's the Ink & Flip Layering Geometric Christmas Tree.  As you can see from the two makes I'm sharing today, both of the flip stencils can be used independently to create the Christmas tree, or both together.

On this first one I've used just the stencil which creates the central design and combined it with stamps from the Pattern Building Christmas Tree stamp set...


I used two shades of green Distress Ink to ink up the tree using both sides of the stencil, making the ink more concentrated towards the centre of the tree.  I then used Memento ink, which is Copic friendly, to stamp the string of lights four times.  I purposely used Distress Inks so that I could add water to the light bulbs and blot away the colour, before then colouring them in with Copics.  It's not perfect but it worked pretty well.  I die cut using a stitched rectangle die and finished by stamping the sentiment and adhering the panel flat to the card base.

Materials used:
  • Stencil: Uniko - Ink & Flip Layering Geometric Christmas Tree
  • Stamps: Uniko - Pattern Building Christmas Tree
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness, Pine Needles; Memento - Cottage Ivy; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And for my second card I used just the stencil that creates the outer background detail, with stamped elements once again from the Pattern Building Christmas Tree stamp set...


I inked and flipped with two shades of green ink.  This then leaves the central tree white.  I then used my heat gun and anti-static powder tool to ensure that the ink was fully dry before stamping and heat embossing the star and tree base in gold.  I used the same gold embossing powder for the sentiment on a die cut sentiment strip.

Materials used:
  • Stencil: Uniko - Ink & Flip Layering Geometric Christmas Tree
  • Stamps: Uniko - Pattern Building Christmas Tree
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness, Pine Needles; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Die: Altenew - Featured Sentiments


Please do pop over to the main Uniko blog, here to see what my fellow team-mates have been creating.  

This stencil set and the new Cobweb set which was introduced yesterday will be available to purchase tomorrow, Saturday 5 October 2024. 

I'll be back tomorrow to show the full reveal of the new products.








1 comment:

  1. Both great cards, the second one works so well with just the outer stencil! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...