Thursday 15 February 2024

Uniko Celebrating 12 Years - Introducing...Mid Century Modern Birthday

Hi there

It's Day 2 of the 12th Birthday/February release introductions from Uniko and next up is a fantastic set to add to the Mid Century Modern series of stamps and stencils...Mid Century Modern Birthday.  I think I'm going to revisit this one of plenty of occasions.


Although designed as one of the retro present images in the set, the first thing I saw was a vase, so that's where I've headed with this one layer card...


I stamped the linear image of the present to create the three vases then, with a green Tombow marker, hand drew the stems.  I then stamped the image that can be used as a bow or a flower, to create the three flower heads.  The bold sentiment from this set is great and the card didn't really need much more, so I finished by adding some clear jewels as the flower centres.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Birthday
  • Ink: Altenew - Silver Lake, Ocean Waves, Warm Sunshine, Puffy Heart; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Accents: Clear jewels from stash


And for my second card I decided to leave it greeting free and let the images pop with some bright colours...


I stamped all the linear parcels first in black ink (I think the slim ones were designed to be stamped with the widest part uppermost, but you get presents in all shapes and sizes, eh!), then followed by stamping the co-ordinating solid images in bright shades, I decided to offset these for a playful feel.  Then finished by stamping the various parcel toppers.  I love this card, the simplicity and bright colours just work.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Birthday
  • Ink: Altenew - Rubellite, Aqualicious, Parrot; Versafine Clair - Nocturne


The projects that the team have made using this set are fantastic, you can check them out here.

The entire release will be available to purchase from 9am GMT on Sunday 18 January 2024. 

Another introduction will follow tomorrow so please do check it out if you can.


5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the stamps to create vases. I'm always looking for ways to stretch my stamps. Terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vases with flowers and the fun presents! The bold Happy Birthday sentiment is awesome! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vases!! So clever. Love both cards Anita. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first card is Sooo inventive! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...