Friday 4 August 2023

Uniko July/August 2023 Release - Introducing...Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs Christmas & Everyday Family

Good morning

Two more new products to introduce today from the latest Uniko release.

There is a great little festive addition to Art Deco series in the shape of a new Background Block.  And Bev has designed another stamp set to add to the Everyday Sentiments collection - Everyday Family, a really useful set for relatives galore. 


Here is the background block in action...


I knew that I wanted to stamp this great design onto some kind of patterned paper or vellum but I was struggling to decide what to use.  Then I stumbled across this green vellum in a vellum pad I forgot I had bought and it had the perfect Art Deco style pattern so that was my starting point.  I stamped the block and then heat embossed it in copper.  I then coloured the trees and the stars on the reverse of the vellum using Copics.  I then created the copper frame by die cutting with two stitched rectangle dies and then mounted the frame and vellum on fun foam.  I chose to leave this one without a sentiment as it had a lot going on.


Materials used:
  • Stamp: Uniko - Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs Christmas
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Copper
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Vellum: Hobbycraft - Pastels Vellum Paper Pad
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Copper cardstock from stash


And for my second card I used the new Everyday Family stamp set combined with the new Background Block, and the seasonal sentiment from a set we will be introducing tomorrow...


I chose to do the emboss resist technique here using gold embossing powder and Distress Oxide inks.  I also did some colour lifting on the stars, by adding water and blotting away the colour.  I added some random scored lines on the card base to continue the Art Deco theme.  The sentiments from the two sets were simply stamped and mounted on sentiment strips.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko: - Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs Christmas, Everyday Family, Mid Century Modern Baubles
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire; VersaMark; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich


The team are over on the main Uniko blog, here, sharing more projects using these new sets.

I'll be back with the last of the introductions tomorrow, I hope you'll stop by to take a look.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...