Saturday 18 September 2021

Less is More Challenge #452

Good morning

It's Saturday and another new challenge day over at Less is More.  Today it's the turn of our Recipe challenge and here's the cue card...



For my sample card I almost went for a honeycomb theme, then contemplated going for a geometric design, but then I remembered I have a stencil called Chicken Wire, so that was my starting point for this fun card...


I absolutely love a stamp set I have by Gerda Steiner called Chicken Scratch so wanted to combine that with the stencil.  I die cut a panel with a scalloped rectangle die and then added as post-it note to the left side as I wanted to mask off the edge.  I stamped the chicken and coloured her with Copics then, with the mask still in place, I treated the area with anti-static powder before then inking through part of the stencil with VersaMark ink.  I removed the stencil and the mask and then heat embossed with silver embossing powder, brushing away any stray areas of powder which clung to where the mask had been.  To finish I heat embossed the sentiment on a black die cut strip and mounted the panel on fun foam.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Gerda Steiner - Chicken Scratch
  • Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - Chicken Wire
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Scalloped Rectangles; MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver; Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White

Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - September Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - Game #198 - Up to One Third
My Time to Craft - Challenge #466 - Embossing
CAS on Friday - Challenge #214 - Sketch (I've flipped it right to left)




Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll join in with this challenge.  There's plenty of inspiration over at the main LIM challenge blog from my teamies, go take a look :)



6 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that chicken, it's so cute. Fun card Anita. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken in card is just too cute! So glad you joined us at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday.

    Greetz Ina



    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the expression on that chick's face! Great way to interpret our hexagon challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! I love the silver embossing on the chicken wire - great choice. That poor chicken seems annoyed at being behind the chicken wire (or is it in front of it?). Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...