Saturday 21 November 2020

Less is More Challenge #433

Hi there

Today, I'm back to announce the new challenge at Less is More.  This will be the last challenge of the year in order to give the Design Team a little break throughout December.

And just to cheer you all up, we're finishing with a One Layer Challenge!  But I can assure you it's an easy one, here's the cue card...



And we also have a familiar face joining us for this one.  Our previous leader at Less is More, the lovely Chrissie, was our October challenge winner and is therefore joining us as our Guest Designer.  Please do pop over to take a look at her lovely CAS project and to say hi.  It's so great to have you back, Chrissie!


I have two one layer makes to share with you this time.  The first was a super quick make and I'm actually really loving this one...


I masked off the back of the green card base and then lightly blended some green ink from the upper corner, fading it out.  The holly (from an oldie but goodie stamp set, now retired) was then stamped in dark green ink and the sentiment in VersaMark.  I then heat embossed the sentiment in gold before finally adding some holly berries with Nuvo drops.


I'm still way behind on my Christmas makes this year, so as I love this design so much I think I may make more of these, and some variations of the same layout.  Although this was a one layer card, made from one piece of green card, to stretch my coloured cardstock I'll more than likely make panels to adhere to the fronts of more cost effective white card bases.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Poinsettia, Sing It's Christmas
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Pine Needles; Altenew - Evergreen; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Accents: Nuvo Crystal Drops - Autumn Red
Challenge entries:

Time Out - Challenge #175 - Quick
We love Chocolate Baroque - November Challenge - Christmas















And while we're on the subject of holly, I wanted to share this picture with you.  I took it a couple of weeks ago when visiting a local Country Park.  I've never seen a holly bush with so many berries, it looks so festive!




Ok, would it even be approaching Christmas if I didn't make a winter scene card using my Card-io stamps?  Here's card number two...


I masked off a central rectangle on my card base and then chose a selection of images from the different scene-builder sets and roughly planned the layout.  Using some paper scraps cut with curves I gently blended the glow and evening sky, the snow banks and shadows where my images would be, and gave the edges a touch of ink to frame the scene.  Then it was just a case of stamping the images in black ink, the church and trees with a mask in place, and the foreground foliage in first and second generation stamping.  To finish, I adhered some fine glitter with a glue pen, which you can see more clearly below.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Card-io - Festive Fun, Festive Scene, Greenery 1, Mini Tall Trees, Dear Deer, Branching Out
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Marigold, Neptune
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost - Frosty Dawn
  • Quickie Glue pen

Challenge entries:

Uniko - Challenge #62 - Tis the Season (option: Sparkle)















Thanks so much for taking a look today.  As usual, the challenge linky over at Less is More will remain open for two weeks.  Looking forward to seeing lots of one layer makes in the gallery in the run up to Christmas.



11 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous -- the second took a Lot of work. But I really love the simplicity and elegance of the holly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many berries on that Holly, my Dada used to say it was the sign of a cold Winter. Two lovely cards, the first so elegant and the second a lovely snowy scene. Many thanks for joining in at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two so beautiful cards, love so much the simple but impressive design of the first one, and those green shades! The scenic one is delightful too!
    Thanks so much for entering in We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge with your fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to be back at "Less is More" for this challenge amongst such wonderful designers.
    Really fabulous cards Anita, with such subtle shading, and fabulous layout! Thanks so much for continuing the LIM tradition!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tone on tone LIM Christmas card and your scene building card is amazing too

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. A magnificent twofer, Neet! Your green card with the gold sediment and green holly is my new favorite card of Christmas 2020! So going to try and CASE it!! And your winter scene is like a page out of a story book!! Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous makes Anita. I love your scene but I adore the green with the gold. I might have to case this one next year.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, love the gold embossing.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that holly design - the green on green is gorgeous and those little touches of red and gold add the perfect festive finishing touches! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazingly beautiful, Anita! I love both of them. That green base with tone on tone stamping and that gold embossing - I must remember! Thank you so much for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dazzling x 2, Anita! Love the tone-on-tong + gold of the first, and the sweetness of the scene on the second. The holly bush: WOW! I don't think I've ever seen on in real life; beautiful!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...