Saturday 24 October 2020

Less is More Challenge #431

Good morning

And just like that it's the start of another new challenge over at Less is More!  I honestly don't know where the time is going this year.  Here in the UK we'll be putting our clocks back tomorrow, I can't get my head around it at all!

Anyhoooo, back to the challenge, and this time it's a Recipe challenge...


And continuing as our super generous sponsor for the month of October is


My crafty mojo has been a bit absent lately but I enjoyed making this one and I'm really pleased with the result, and I put some some of my Uniko products to use here too...


I began by stamping the pinstripes and then stencilled the largest leaves image in two shades of green ink.  I then stamped two more leaf images, in dark green and dark purple shades.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white on a sentiment flag die cut from green cardstock.  This was then popped up on 3D foam, securing two leaf die cuts, one cut from dark green cardstock and the other from vellum.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks: Pinstripe II, Nature's Treasures I, Flower Power #1
  • Stencil: Uniko - Nature's Treasures II
  • Ink: Altenew - Limestone, Evergreen, Andromeda; Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Iced Spruce; VersaMark
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 26; Creative Expressions - Olive Branch; Britannia Dies - Leaf Strip
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entries:

NBUS Challenge #19 - This is the first use of the pinstripe background stamp and the sentiment strip die
STAMPlorations - October CAS Challenge - Anything CAS Goes


Thanks so much for taking a look today.  I hope you'll be inspired to play along over at Less is More, and you can find lots more inspiration on the main challenge blog, where my teamies are also sharing their projects for this foliage challenge.  As always, the link will remain open for two weeks.


15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Anita! I love the layered stamping over the stripes - it gives a cool texture to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece so elegant and graceful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the combination of stamps, stencils and die cuts ... inspired!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this clean and simple look. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity and serene appeal to this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stamping on the stripes, and that little bit of purple and bit of vellum are awesome! Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever design, love the layered stamping and the colours are such a perfect combo. Stunning! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mojo came flooding back big time for you, Anita! This is a lovely combination of contemporary and classic. I love the leaves stenciled over the pinstripes and the way you nestled your dimensional leaves and sediment in the corner! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I hope you are keeping well and being extra careful now that there is a surge. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You've again dazzled me with your ability to combine such a variety of images to create texture/dimension yet, at the same time, keep the overall design CAS! This is stunning! So thrilled you joined us at STAMPlorations!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mark of true card-making genius has to be knocking it out of the park even when mojo is low. Your card is a stunner - everything about it is perfection!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with this card! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very much in your distinctive style and it can be very useful to have a go to format! I'm sorry but is it really CAS? You see so many "CAS" cards these days that have so much or such large images that the "white" space becomes restricted. It is very difficult to tell from one challenge to another what is and what isn't so I'll bow to your better judgement. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful showcase of the versatility of the Uniko's stamps, Anita ! Love how you placed your foliage over the pinstripe background. And your colours choice with these greens, purple and even Vellum make such a stunning blend. Love it ! Take care and stay safe at home. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stellar. Thank you so much for sharing. I think you've inspired my holiday card! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...