Saturday 1 August 2020

Less is More Challenge #425

Good morning

Happy Saturday and welcome to August!

And with another Saturday morning comes a brand new challenge over at Less is More.  This time it's the turn of our Theme challenge which is...



Joining us for this fortnight's challenge as our Guest Designer is the fabulous Meghan who was our June winner.  Please do stop by her blog to check out her lovely card and to say hi.


Ok, I have two sample makes for you this time, here's the first...


Apart from the inks, everything I used here from Clearly Besotted was being given it's first outing on my craft desk!  I began by stamping and die cutting this lovely hibiscus set with layered stamping, and did some spotlight inking where you see the dark pink areas.  I ink blended the background flag through a stencil and stamped the sentiment in black.  The die cuts were then adhered in a cluster, some flat and some on glue dots.

Materials used:
  • Stamped: Clearly Besotted - Aloha Too (and co-ordinating dies), Mini Messages
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Flagged Down
  • Ink: Altenew - Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Ruby Red, Hunter Green, Evergreen; Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick; Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

Alphabet Challenge - I is for Island Fun (Anything Tropical)
CAS on Friday - Challenge #185 - Summer
STAMPlorations - Summer Challenge

 


There is a hydrangea in my front garden which is in full bloom so that was the ideal choice for my second card...



I ink blended Distress Inks through a stencil then die cut the panel with a faux stitched curve.  Before adhering this panel to the card base I manipulated the sentiment stamp to follow the curve of the leaf and stamped in black.

Materials used:
  • Stencil: Hydrangea (free with a set from Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine)
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, Mowed Lawn; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Mini Messages
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges

Challenge entries

Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #173 - Use Stencils
Uniko - Challenge #60 - In My Garden



Thanks so much for visiting.  If you need more inspiration please do pop on over to the main Less is More challenge page where you will see some lovely projects from my teamies and links to their personal blogs.  I hope you can join us and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of summer flowers in the gallery this month :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tropical card in gorgeous colours,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Anita. I love the dimension you've got on your hibiscus and the beautiful colours. Your hydrangea is lovely and I really like the effect you've created with the stitched curve ( I'm storing that away for future reference lol)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful CAS floral designs! I love the Clearly Besotted Aloha Floral with the fishtail banner! The colors, layout and sentiment and perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge - "I" is for Island Fun/Anything Tropical!
    Rachelle - DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE that hibiscus card, Anita. I love the inks you chose and the setting on the fishtail. Love that little sentiment too. The second card is so pretty as well. One of my favorite plants and you captured the color beautifully with the pink and purple hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous cards! Love the flowers! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. Your hibiscus is stunning. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! Love the hydrangea I found in the Uniko gallery !
    Thank you so much for joining the UNIKO challenge !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...