Saturday 21 March 2020

A Pop of Pink and Polka Dots

Good morning

I'm going to be playing catch up this weekend and sharing some cards I've made over the last month or so but not yet found the time to share.

And although I'm still working, I think with the current crisis around the world, and the need for social distancing will mean that I'll be finding lots of time to craft in the evenings and weekends and share more makes with you.  I was also meant to be participating in my very first craft fair next month but of course it's been postponed for now, such a shame as I was getting really excited about it! :(

So this is a great opportunity for me to get more stock made for the fair ready for when it does finally take place, add more to my online shop and also do that job I've been putting off for ages....tidying my craft space!  Yikes!!!

Ok, back to it, and this is the birthday card I made for my bestie last month.  I love black and white cards with a pop of colour so that was my starting point for this one...


I began by die cutting a frame using two stitched rectangle dies, which I then backed with some black and white polka dot paper.  Next I die cut the flower twice, one from white cardstock and again from bright pink cardstock.  I adhered the white flower, minus the petals, tucking the stem into the frame, then inlaid the pink petals.  The frame was then popped up on the card base using foam and the sentiment stamped below.


Materials used:

  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Creative Expressions - Scribble Flowers
  • Patterned Paper: MFT - Dots & Stripes Neutrals
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Beautiful Friend
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:#

CAS on Friday - Challenge #176 - Birthday
Daring Cardmakers - Floral Focus
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #381 - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - March Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Time Out - Challenge #157 - Birthday (optional twist: die cutting)
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #42 - Anything Goes
AAA Birthday - Game #11 - Flowers





Thanks so much for visiting, I'll be back with more very soon :)

Stay safe, everyone xx

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning Anita, love the polka dots with the pink-really makes the pink pop and I do like the way one of the leaves overlaps the frame. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Anita! I just adore the crisp and clean look of your card design and the black and white, polka dots and pop of pink are so perfect. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the spottiness Anita and the sweet pink/white daisy too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' hugs ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bold and beautiful! I love the pop of colour. Thanks for sharing your project with the Daring Cardmakers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Anita, love the inset flower die and the spots. Looks awesome. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea to use pink inlays in the petals! I have to keep that in mind for my next crafting session ...
    Thanks for sharing your very cool card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - this is bold, bright and beautiful! Great graphic card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning flower card, just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the inlaid die technique and the pop of pink is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning design - I love the fuchsia combined with the monochromatic background! Thanks os much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning card and great use of the dies. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...