Wednesday 15 January 2020

Honey Doo Crafts - January 2020 Release - Selection One

Hi guys

Tonight I'm sharing some samples using Honey Doo Crafts products.

Honey Doo Crafts have some brand new dies in their range which they will be showcasing on Create & Craft TV here in the UK this coming Friday, 17 January 2020 at 9am and 1pm, together with some of their existing stamps and stencils.

The new dies are already available to purchase direct from the Honey Doo Crafts store, here.  Please note that these new cover dies measure 5" x 7", so they are larger than an A6 card (the size I usually make) but not as large as A5.


First up I've made a couple of cards using the new Palm Leaves Die...


I wanted to use the entire die for this one so I made a larger card base than usual.  I ink blended the white card base with Distress Oxide Inks to create a sunset effect, then die cut some textured black cardstock using the palm leaves die and adhered this flat to the base.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a die cut and adhered this on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Dies: Honey Doo Crafts - Palm Leaves Die; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
  • Stamp: Honey Doo Crafts - Retirement
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White

Challenge entries:

Dream Valley - Challenge #216 - Something New (new craft stash)
My Time to Craft - Challenge #413 - New Stash
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #114 - All Things New (new craft stash)



For this card I used the Palm Leaves Die but trimmed it down to fit an A6 card...


I masked the edges of the card base, blended with Distress Ink then splattered with water.  I die cut a frame from some green cardstock then die cut the palm leaves from white cardstock and trimmed it down to fit behind the frame.  I adhered it in place, popped the frame up on 3D foam then heat embossed the sentiment on a co-ordinating die cut strip.

Materials used:

  • Dies: Honey Doo Crafts - Palm Leaves Die; Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Stripped Die Collection
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss, Pine Needles; VersaMark
  • Stamp: Honey Doo Crafts - New Job
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White

Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - January Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Simply Create Too - Challenge #156 - Monochromatic



Next up I've used the new Gingham Die...


I die cut some kraft cardstock using the gingham die and trimmed it down to create the look of a garden trellis.  I ink blended onto the card base using a cloud stencil and adhered the die cut.  I then stamped, coloured and die cut the flowers and leaves and adhered these in position.  To finish I stamped the sentiment in black.

Materials used:
  • Die: Honey Doo Crafts - Gingham Die
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Spring Time Blooms (with matching dies); Retirement
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stencil: MFT - Cloud
  • Coloured with ProMarkers


My last sample for today uses and existing stamp and stencil with the Honey Doo range, Floral Turn Around and Mesh...


On a white cardstock panel I stamped the image in black.  Once dry I then used the mesh stencil and applied glimmer paste over the entire surface.  I left this to dry properly for a few hours and in the meantime I stamped the whole image again on pale yellow vellum and heat embossed it in white.  I then fussy cut the flowers.  After adhering the panel to the card base I then adhered the vellum flowers in position over the design and added some silver gems to finish.  I decided to leave this one sentiment free.


Materials used:

  • Stamp: Honey Doo Crafts - Floral Turn Around
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Mesh
  • Paste: Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Vellum and gems from stash


Thanks so much for visiting and taking a look.  I'll be back tomorrow evening with the rest of my sample cards ahead of the Honey Doo show on Create & Craft on Friday.


(AD - some products kindly gifted for Design Team purposes)

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant die/s used on these beautiful creative designs. Thanks for entering into our current challenge. Hope to see you in our challenges again.
    [aNNie Design Team Member for Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful array of cards, thanks for joining us at MAWTT , xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Dazzling! Delightful! I'm off to check out these products!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely set of cards with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; they all fit perfectly with our ‘All Things New’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards. Love all the different looks. Great to see you in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...