Saturday 28 September 2019

Less is More Challenge #405

Good morning

I'm back to introduce the next challenge starting right now over at Less is More and this time we are back with a Recipe challenge.  Here is the cue card with the all important details...



so all cards have sparkle plus another from this list
sparkle + gloss
sparkle + matte
sparkle + pearl
sparkle + chalky



Our generous sponsor for this month is Visible Image and just by playing along puts you in the running for our monthly prize!

Visible Image



Ok, I have two sample cards for you, here's the first using the Sparkle + Gloss option...


I used a stitched die to add some background detail to the card base.  I then used a cocktail glass die and cut it out twice, once using white sparkle glitter cardstock and again using a glossy cardstock...boy, was this difficult to photograph!  The glossy cardstock is white with a pink/purple oil on water effect.  I used the glitter cardstock for the glass and inlaid the 'liquid' using the gloss card.  To finish I stamped a simple sentiment in black ink.


Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Strip; Xcut - Cocktail Glass
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock from stash


Next up I chose the Sparkle + Pearl option...


I die cut two squares using a pierced square die from pearlescent cardstock.  On the smaller panel I stamped and heat embossed the diamond ring in using sparkly silver embossing powder. the die cuts were adhered, the upper one on 3D foam and the sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in silver.  I added more sparkle to the diamond using a sparkle pen but was unable to catch this on camera.


Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Happy Wedding
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver, Metallic Silver Sparkle
  • Cardstock from stash


Thanks so much for joining me today.  This challenge is a great chance to have a rummage in your stash to mix and match your products, I can't wait to see what you create.


6 comments:

  1. Two amazing cards, Anita! You've given me lots of ideas with your first card -I love the way you used that die for creating the fun background. I think I have something in my stash that I could try to use in a similar way! The second card is fabulous in it's stylish simplicity. I always love squares on a regular card front, so pleasing for eye! Have a fun weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sparkle on glossy is a very effective look, I;m afraid I wasn't that clever lol. Thank you for having me as your guestdesigner this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards for this fun challenge... I love the martinia nd so glad you took those close up shots. That sparkly, frosty glass and it's delectable looking contents look great on the ftitched background. I love the diamond ring embossed on that awesome pearescent cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are amazing!! I LOVE the use of the sparkle paper with the shine on the martini glass. Your simple design is breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards but your Martini one is simply stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, Anita ! I'm totally in love with the cocktail glass, what a great idea. The diamond is also very beautiful on this gorgeous iridescent card. Fabulous take !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...