Saturday 4 May 2019

Spring Cards from Skull and Cross Buns

Hi there

I'm here today to share a couple of Spring themed cards I've made using the most recent release from Skull and Cross Buns

Although the collection was released before Easter, the products include lots of Spring related elements too, so there's lots of scope to use them for Spring cards and more.  You can find the latest products here.

And for info, to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, quote NSD19 to get 25% off your SACB order on the website and a free embellishment gift until 6 May!

For my first card I used the Spring Friends and Spring Motifs sets...


The used the cute curly sheep image and repeatedly stamped it on a strip of vellum and heat embossed in white.  In between I stamped the stem, leaves and flower head from in pigment inks and heat embossed in clear.  The vellum strip was wrapped around some lilac textured cardstock and secured on the reverse.  I stamped the sentiment below in black and adhered the panel flat to the card base.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Spring Friends, Spring Motifs
  • Vellum and cardstock from stash
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Olive, Pink; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White

Challenge entries:

My Time to Craft - Challenge #396 - CAS
STAMPlorations - May CAS Card Challenge - Anything CAS Goes (option of lilac)
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #339 - CAS
Alphabet Challenge - C is for CAS



I used the Spring Friends and Spring Sentiments sets, together with the Gingham Stripe Large Stencil for this next card...



I die cut a stitched rectangular panel and stamped the chicks one on top of the other and then coloured with Promarkers.  Then on a panel of white cardstock I created the plaid pattern by masking various sections and shifting the stencil.  In the wider gaps purposely left I drew some lines with a dark grey fineliner pen.  This was also then die cut with a stitched rectangle die.

This was my third attempt at creating the background!  The first time I forgot to leave gaps so it was just a weird two colour check which wasn't what I had in mind, then the second time I got it right but had picked up the wrong masking tape so it ripped my cardstock when I removed the stencil.  It really was a case of third time lucky...I was ready to throw in the towel!

To finish I adhered the plaid pattern flat, popped the chicks panel up on 3D foam and added a sentiment strip from a scrap of yellow cardstock.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Spring Friends, Spring Sentiments
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Gingham Stripe 
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Mermaid Lagoon; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Accent: Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

Challenge entries:

Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #108 - Bees or Chicks




Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you have a lovely weekend, and enjoy the May Day Bank Holiday (in the UK).

5 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous Spring cards, both are adorable, thank you for joining in at The Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Neets for sharing your 1st card with us at STAMPlorations CAS Anything Goes card challenge. Such a sweet CAS Springtime card design. I liked your 2nd Springtime bright and cheerful card too. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the embossing, which really brings out the images. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with a cute image, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first card with the embossed sheep and flowers, very effective. The subtle colours make it a very special card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...