Monday 1 April 2019

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection Two

Hi guys

I'm back tonight to share my next batch of samples for the new release at Honey Doo Crafts.

Earlier, Amanda held a Facebook Live video showing the ten new stamp sets, along with all the samples from the whole design team which you can find, here.

And don't forget Honey Doo will be on Hochanda (Sky 673 / Freeview 85) this coming Wednesday 3 April 2019 so tune in if you can, if not, set your planners as I believe Amanda will be doing lots of demos along with showcasing the products.


Ok, on to my next few samples.

First up I used a stamp called Smell The Roses which is a truly beautiful image...


To create this one I heat embossed the image in white on watercolour paper and watercoloured it with Inktense pencils.  I added a little pale blue watercolour around the edge of the image just to lift it off the background a little.  I then used a paper trimmer to slice away part of the panel and fussy cut around the edge.  I stamped the sentiment and then popped the panel up over the card base which had a black strip adhered to the right hand side.  This is a CASE of a previous card I made, here, which used partial die cutting to create the same look.  So you don't need the co-ordinating dies to create this effect.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Smell The Roses, Happy Times
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Watercoloured with Derwent Inktense pencils

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #334 - CAS
Creative with Stamps - Challenge #37 - Birthday



Next up I used the new Daisy May stamp set.  I was inspired by a card by the super talented May Park, here.  The stamps I used were a linear design as opposed to May's card which used solid images, so I chose to emboss it in gold and pair with orange tones.  I paired this with a sentiment from an existing Honey Doo set called Cheers...



I began with a panel of orange cardstock and stamped and heat embossed the daisy image in gold multiple times to create a frame.  I then blended Distress Inks in from the edge in co-ordinating shades to create ombre effect.  I finished by stamping the sentiment in black ink and heat embossed it in clear.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Daisy May, Cheers
  • Orange cardstock from stash
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Black Soot; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow - Metallic Gold Rich, Clear Gloss


Next up is this gorgeous floral cluster image called Roses and Lilies...


I stamped and heat embossed the floral image in white onto vellum and coloured on the reverse with ProMarkers.  I then did some partial trimming, cutting away a vertical section but stopping where the image was and fussy cutting around the edge.  The vellum panel was then wrapped around an embossed panel and secured on the reverse.  The panel was popped up on fun foam and I finished with a sentiment embossed in white on textured lilac cardstock, die cut with a pierced square.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Roses and Lilies, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Embossing Folder: We R Memory Keepers - Next Level (Wave)
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax

Challenge entries:

The Paper Players - Challenge #435 - Tic-Tac-Toe (die-cut / embossing / floral)
Just Us Girls - Challenge #481 - Embossing Folder




Finally, the last one for this post is a really simple card I made using the new Oopsie Daisy set...


For this one I grabbed some scraps of cardstock and cut strips of varying widths and adhered these alternately to a piece of thinner cardstock.  The daisy image was then stamped across the strips.  I then die cut the pierced curve from each side of the strip  I also did the same from the front edge of the card base, and adhered the striped panel aligning with the edge.  I then stamped the sentiment vertically on the inside of the card but as it's cut away it shows when the card is closed.  I love this sentiment, it could be ideal for an 'oopsie I forgot' belated card, or perhaps to send to someone who has had some sort of mishap, or if you've messed up and want to apologise.  So lots of uses :)

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Oopsie Daisy
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Avery Elle - Dotted Borders Dies
  • Card scraps from stash



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'l be sharing my last few samples with you tomorrow, ahead of the shows on Hochanda on Wednesday.  If you can't wait until then, all the new sets are available to buy direct from the Honey Doo website, here.

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection of cards again each so totally different to the next. The soft colouring then the vibrant blending, the beautiful vellum and the layers of coloured cardstock. You are showcasing these new stamps to perfection sweetie, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of cards! I love your floral image on the vellum layered over that beautiful embossed background. The coloring is so soft and pretty on those flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love them all, especially the one with the flower image embossed on vellum - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Anita, your first card is stunningly beautiful. I love the delicate coloring of the flower and the contrasting black edge. I love this card. The next cards are just as beautiful, but the first one moves me very much.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are simply stunning! So elegant.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards are beautiful. I especially love all the wonderful texture you managed to get onto your card and those beautiful flowers. So glad you Played along with us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards! Can't decide which one I love the most! Thank you for playing along at Creative With Stamps.
    Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...