Monday 1 October 2018

Muse Challenge #285 - Forest Foliage Thanks

Good afternoon, crafters

It's the first Monday of the month and therefore it's my turn to be your designer over at Muse

It's certainly very autumnal here in the UK, it's chilly in the mornings and evenings now and the leaves are starting to turn so I chose an autumn theme for my inspiration card for this week's challenge.

I'm really loving stencils right now, and it's been a while since I've used texture paste on a card so I paired that with a gorgeous new to me stencil and came up with this design...



I temporarily adhered the stencil to a panel of white cardstock by using masking tape on the reverse, so as not to cover up any areas of the card.  I then squished three shades of Distress Ink onto a blending mat and mixed these, one at a time, with some embossing paste using a palette knife and then spread it randomly over the stencil until all of the cardstock was covered.  I then cleaned off my stencil and left the panel to dry.

I just love how much more muted these shades are when blended with white paste, completely different to their usual shades.  The following photo shows the embossing paste much more clearly...


Once dry I cut the panel down and adhered it to the card base popped up on fun foam.  I then die cut the 'thanks' four times, three times from white cardstock and once from green, stacked these up and adhered to the panel.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Funky Fossil Designs - Forest Foliage
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Forest Moss, Brushed Corduroy, Spiced Marmalade
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Twice the Thanks

Challenge entries:

Uniko - Challenge #49 - Wonderful World with optional twist Thanks (the natural colours of autumn)
Allsorts - Challenge #487 - Autumn Glory
Alphabet Challenge - N for Nature



I hope my card will inspire you to play along this week, I'd love to see where it will take you creatively.  

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I've recently discovered Funky Fossil too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful result! I thought for sure that you had adhered a die cut...you achieved great dimension! Will have to give this a go !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration card Anita. I love this technique and hope I get to enter if I get home in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, leaves are one of my favourite images ever and I LOVE this! Great colours and you're a master with a stencil and paste, I can never seem to do it without making an uneven mess! Cheers, Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully blended colours on your pretty creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Autumn Glory' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply stunning....your leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and brilliant card Neets.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the stencil and colour combo.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous job with spreading the embossing paste, Anita! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card and this beautiful stencil, Anita ! And how much I regret not having had the time to play this challenge. I never think of using embossing paste mixed with ink, but I should since the result is just gorgeous ! Thank you very much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Funky Fossil stencil and love the colours you have used and the dimension of the paste is so effective. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Echoing the others in being enamoured by your gorgeous card, Anita! You've created the most lovely palette in mixing ink and embossing paste! WOW! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Uniko gallery!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...