Monday 3 September 2018

Muse Challenge #281 - Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

Hi guys

The designer rota is back with me for this week's Muse challenge. 

For this card I've used a gorgeous stencil by Sarah Gray of Funky Fossil Designs, you can find her fabulous collection of stencils over at her Folksy Shop, here.  I've loved this one for ages so had a little shop the other day, and so glad I did. 

This design is also quite different to most things I have in my stash and I really enjoyed creating something different.

Here it is...



On a panel of white cardstock I began by blending through the stencil with purple, blue and black Distress Inks.  I then made a big faux pas! I wanted to add some sparkle so spritzed some Cosmic Shimmer Mist before removing the stencil.  I completely forgot that Distress Inks would react with this, hence some bleeding of the ink in her hair.  I don't think it looks too bad so decided to go with it anyway :)

You can see the shimmer much better in the photo below...


All that was left was to create the sentiment, half of which I heat embossed in silver, then popped the panel up on fun foam.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Funky Fossil Designs - Elegant Lady
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Black Soot; Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Stamps: Uniko - All Occasions Sentiments #6
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Pearl Mist

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge




Thanks so much for visiting today, and I hope you'll find some inspiration from my card and play along at Muse this week :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image! Perfect for the sentiment, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! This is beautiful. Love the sparkle - can't see any ink bleeding problem at all.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a stencil like this - how fun! Lovely work, the sentiment is perfect with it! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Anita! I love how you added sparkle to your design...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...