Sunday 18 February 2018

Hot Pink Anniversary

Hi guys

I was sorting through the cards in my stock box recently and realised the one genre of card I don't have any of is Anniversary.  So I made a few for my stash, and then my Auntie promptly bought two of them so I now need to make more!

Here's one of them, I'll share the others in future posts.

At the time, this was one of those cards I wished I hadn't started as it took a lot longer to create than I thought it would.  But I do think it has the wow factor, while still looking very simple.



I started with a panel of white cardstock slightly smaller than the card base and die cut a heart aperture in the centre.  I then laid it over the base and marked with a pencil where the aperture would be.  I then used a tile background die and cut this once from white and also from some glossy hot pink card I had in my stash.  I adhered a section of the white die cut onto the card base and then filled in the pattern using the waste from the hot pink die cut.  Although this die looks symmetrical, I can assure you it isn't!  Some of those little 'drop' shapes are different sizes, so after some choice language coming from the area of my craft desk, I did finally fill in the gaps!  Next time I'll try to keep the die cut and waste intact rather than just popping them out willy nilly :D

To finish I popped the panel up on 3D foam and then added a black sentiment strip with the sentiment heat embossed in white.

Materials used:

  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Heart Stax; Hobbycraft Intricut - Circle Tile Background
  • Stamp: Altenew - Vintage Roses (sentiment)
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #109 - Die Cuts Only (stamped sentiment allowed)
Alphabet Challenge - X for Xtra Special Occasion
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #279 - CAS
My Time to Craft - Challenge #364 - Love is All You Need
Inkspirational - Challenge #154 - Aperture Card
Happy Little Stampers - February Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies
Cards in Envy - Love You So Much



Thanks as always for your visit, I appreciate each and every one of you coming to my little space in Blogland x


16 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! It's perfect for our "love" challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo would have loved to be a fly on your wall! Worth it though Anita, just look at how the hot pink pops! Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love that heart with the vibrant pink! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful heart! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous says it all Neets! Love the background colour with all that white.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Anita! I'm going to have to try your tile technique someday when I have lots of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Anita! I'm going to have to try your tile technique someday when I have lots of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous anniversary card; a labour of love that will be appreciated by the couple receiving it! Thrilled to see your artistry in the Inkspirational and HLS galleries!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hummm, delicious ! I LOVE this beautiful heart with this glossy pink ! And I totally understand what you mean with "this was one of those cards I wished I hadn't started", it's exactly what I've also done with my card ! But you must admit that the result absolutely worths the hard work and some choice language... Stunningly CAS too ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous CAS I love it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, this is a spectacular card! Glossy hot pink is looking great with the white delicate die cut. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, well worth the fiddly effort with the tile pieces, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats for getting top picks at Ink, we loved your card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...