Friday 19 January 2018

Uniko Challenge #45 - Guest Designer!

Good morning!

After being super lucky and winning the last challenge at Uniko, I'm thrilled to be the Guest Designer for their next challenge starting today!



Below are the details for the next challenge and you can find the link to the main challenge post here.



Over the New Year I was suffering with a flu bug and lovely Bev at Uniko was wonderfully sweet and sent me a gorgeous card along with one of her beautiful stamp sets, just to cheer me up.  Thanks once again, Bev, you're an absolute gem, and such a thoughtful and generous gift.

And as this challenge is 'Something Old, Something New', I've used the stamp set here as my something new :)




I started by embossing a panel of white cardstock with a diagonal stripe embossing folder I've had in my stash for years, I believe it is now retired.  So that was my something old.  I sliced a section out of the panel and stamped the sentiment and heart directly onto the card base in the diagonal gap created.  The embossed panels were then popped up on fun foam and to finish I added a tiny clear gemstone to the heart.  I never know which is the positive and negative side of this embossing folder, but I love both sides anyway!

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up - Stylish Stripes
  • Stamps: Uniko - Big & Bold Hugs
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Cardinal
  • Gemstone from stash


Challenge entries:

Simply Create Too - Challenge #134 - Use Embossing
CAS on Friday - Challenge #124 - Love/Valentine
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #63 - CAS


Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you get a chance to play along.  I'll be back with you tomorrow morning to introduce the next challenge at Less is More.  Hope to see you then!

12 comments:

  1. You rock again with this beautiful card, Anita ! Love this fabulous CAS design, so effective ! So thrilled having you as our talented Guest Designer for this challenge ! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous Anita! Thanks for GD with us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, my CAS-loving heart is completely captivated by your chic, clean lines, pop-of-colour and perfectly-placed sentiment design! Truly stunning! Adding to my 'must case' list! So thrilled you're our guest for this challenge; you'll draw crowds to the gallery with your inspiration!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely CAS-tastic Neets! Love your 'old' and 'new' items and such a lovable card! Great to have your talent guest designing at Uniko this month - enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper happy to have you as GD this month at Uniko, your CAS cards are always a delight and this is no exception! Love the embossed lines and having them on the diagonal is really eye catching. These embossed lines seem to be a current trend and something I want to have a go at. Thanks for the inspiration and I love the little gem on the heart too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely CAS card for the challenge Anita, love it! Great to have you as our GD for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful CAS card ,thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CAS card, love the diagonal embossed lines :)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT,
    Hugs Kaz (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So perfectly clean and simple! It's beautiful! I do like the embossed stripe texture and that tiny gem on the heart. Brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Uniko as our Guest Designer. Deborah, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply elegant lovely CAS card. Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 134, Embossing. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the diagonal slant Anita and the recessed sentiment, very original! Sorry for my late comment - only just back from holiday! Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...