Saturday 14 October 2017

Less is More Week #350

Good morning, crafters

At Less is More this week we have that absolute favourite challenge...yes, you guessed it, it's One Layer week once again!  And here is the theme we want to see one your OLCs...




And we have the fabulous Uniko sponsoring our challenge throughout the month of October, and the lovely Bev is joining us as a Guestie again this week :)




I don't know what came over me recently but I've managed three card samples for you this week, and on one layer week too!

The photos look a bit washed out this time, apologies.  My lamp seemed to make everything super bright and I'm trying to get to grips with a different photo editing software.


Anyway, here's my first, and another to add to my (still very small) stock of Christmas cards...



I started by placing a stencil over my card base and blending the starry background with Distress Inks.  With the stencil still in place I masked off most of it, just leaving the three large stars.  I then spread some Nuvo Glimmer Paste over the stars.  You can see the shimmer of the paste better in the net pic...


Once dry, all that was left to do was stamp the sentiment.  Other than having bits of post-it notes in all directions for the masking stage, this was quick and easy to make.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Imagination Crafts - Starry Trail
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
  • Accents: Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone




Onto my second, and a super CAS purely stamped one layer...



First I stamped the sentiment, then the balloon string, followed by the layered stamping star balloon.  The small clusters of star, although you can't really see in this pic, were stamped in silver pigment ink.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Twinkle Toes, Let's Party Too; Uniko - Balloon Bash
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Altenew - Volcano Lake, Lagoon; Versa Color - Silver

I'm linking this one up just for fun over at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge where this month's challenge is One Layer - I'm on the DT so can't actually enter but don't forget you can link up your OLC star cards there too :)



And my third, another Christmas card, uses stamps which were recently free with a magazine...



I started by using a die to create the de-bossed landscape at the base of the card.  The star was then stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with glittery gold powder.  The sentiment was then simply stamped in black.  I think this is my favourite of the three this week but, unfortunately, the camera really hasn't picked up the sparkle from the star.  But I love the embossed detail, I think I'll be making a few more of these.

Materials used:

  • Die: Memory Box - Quiet Cabin Landscape
  • Stamps: Wild Rose Studio - Away in an Manger (free with a publication)
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Sparkle

Challenge entries:

Inkspirational - Challenge #145 - One Layer Card
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #263 - Holiday



Thanks so much for visiting today, I love to know you've popped by.  And please don't feel daunted by one layer cards, with a little pre-planning I can assure you they aren't scary at all!

Have a lovely weekend.



11 comments:

  1. You are rocking and rolling those stars teamie and I'm bowled over by these stunning, CAS beauties. Such delicate colours, shimmering, sparkling, eye-popping and the rest. You really have WOWed this challenge and a couple of Chrimbo makes in the bag too. So jealous!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! You made of this showcase stars of wonder ! Love your first card with these soft coloured and glittery stars ! Make the card so delicate ! Your second one is CAS to perfection with this lovely star balloon ! But my favourite one is your third one ! What a great and fabulous idea (May I CASE you ?) your dry embossing wonderland scene ! Your star over it is just stunning, it makes the whole card a splendid CAS scene ! FABULOUS ! Have a great Sunday and a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning set of cards Anita, all beautifully designed with just the touch of sparkle-thanks for joining Ink and HLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so beautiful and elegant. Love each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fantastic OLC with stars, Anita. Your balloon card is so cute. I just bought that set and almost used it. And your Christmas cards are both so elegant in the subtle colours. I can imagine how gorgeous the shimmer is IRL. I’m with you with the third card... it’s my favourite of the three. Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are beautiful! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning set of cards, Anita! Love the first one, it is so soft and magical. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and beautiful cards, Anita! You have such a talent for simple perfection. I especially like the dry embossing on the third card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gobsmacked! That first card is so exquisite Anita in those icy and delicate colours. (Ha! I'm not gobsmacked that you made 3 cards, lol!) What a beauty it is. Love the way you inked the star balloon on the second card and the third is another really elegant Xmas card - great dry embossing on that one. Way to go!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of these are really pretty.... magical....cards. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards hun .... I always love your CAS style xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...