Saturday 16 September 2017

Less is More Week #346

Good morning!

Another Saturday is back with us which brings around another new challenge over at Less is More.  We're back with another Theme challenge this week, and here's our cue card...




Happy Little Stampers continues to be our sponsor for this month so please do play along as it will put you in the running for our monthly prize!



Only one card from me again this week.  I was hoping to find more crafting time this past week but I've had my mum staying with me so my routine has been a bit all over the place and I wanted to spend some time with her in the evenings.

So, here's my DT card and my interpretation of the 'Take Flight' theme...


I chose dandelion spores flying in the wind as my theme idea.  I started by stamping my images in VersaMark on a piece of white cardstock and heat embossed the dandelion, spores and sentiment in white.  I then did some emboss resist and blended with blue and purple Distress Inks to create an ombre background.  To continue the curve theme of the dandelion stem I used some stitched curve dies to cut my panel down and then adhered flat to the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Dandelion Dreams, Flutterby Dreams
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Dies: Mama Elephant - Landscape Trio

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #259 - Clean and Simple
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #12 - Tic Tac Toe (I chose the top line - Embossing/Distress Inks/Sentiment) - I wasn't sure if a dandelion was a flower but according to Google it is so hopefully my card will qualify! :)





My LIM teamies had some great ideas this week so please do pop over the the main blog if you have time, and follow the links for more info.

That's all from me today, hopefully I can find more crafty time this week and share more with you.  Have a lovely weekend.

11 comments:

  1. This is so dreamy, Anita! I love the gorgeous ink blending and the wavy lines add gentle movement to your elegant design. I hope you enjoyed spending time with your Mum this week and have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic interpretation Anita! Impeccable, clean and crisp embossing on one of your beautiful signature blended backgrounds. Ha! I almost picked that stamp set up myself for this week ...but I had an inkling you were going to use it. Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning take on the challenge, so creative! I love your sponging and use of curved dies, they fit the image so well... Your card designing skills are mind-blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool design. Love it! Your ink blending is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swooning and that yummy blend of colours, teamed with the pop of white dandelion heads floating into the sky, gorgeous lines and a classy CAS style as ever. To top that has to be the most amazing and appropriate sentiment for this challenge. Have a good week teamie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect take on our challenge this week, Anita. Beautiful ink blending. Love the colours and cool design. Have a wonderful weekend and week. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple to blue ombre looks so dreamy with the dandelion spores flying away! Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge! A dandelion is definitely a pretty flower :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Neets :-) the embossed dandelion is beautiful and I love the colours on the background, the whole design of this is absolutely stunning! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike ! Of course I love your card with this beautiful dandelion that sows its seeds to any wind! Love your beautiful blending and the great mouvement that this die cut shape gives to the card ! Another fabulous card from you ! Enjoy your Sunday and have a fab week too ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully executed. I never think to take a sentiment and work with it so it is used vertically. You hit the challenge on the head with this colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic design, Anita! That colored panel is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...