Saturday 19 August 2017

Less is More Week #342

Good morning

It's Saturday morning and therefore time for a new challenge over at Less is More.  Week three of the month means we're back with a Theme challenge and here is our theme for this week...




To be honest, it's been so long since I had a proper holiday, anything would be perfect right now.  My last trip abroad was in 2010! But in a nutshell, anything that involves being able to wear my flip-flops, drink yummy cocktails and enjoy a lovely warm sunset would be perfect.  So I've included all three on my first card...



I started by stamping the flip-flops then masked these to stamp the cocktail.  I coloured the cocktail with coloured pencils and then masked this also.  I then used Distress Inks to blend the sunset over the images before die cutting with a square pierced die.  The panel was popped up on 3D foam and I finished by heat embossing the sentiment in white onto a strip of textured black cardstock.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Life's a Beach; Hero Arts - Let's Chill; Sentiment: Joanna Sheen - Garden Retreat (free with publication)
  • Ink: Memento - Bahama Blue, Rose Bud; Verafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark; Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Cocktail coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos

Challenge entries:

Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #52 - Things Beginning with the letter 'B' (blend / birthday / bright)
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - August Challenge - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - CAS Game #96 - Summer Fun





And I think anyone's perfect holiday would involve a tropical paradise.  We do have palm trees in the seaside town where I live but I certainly wouldn't call it tropical or paradise! lol  I wanted to keep this card fairly simply but didn't like it at all when I first made it, but I thought I'd share it anyway as it's growing on me!



I simply die cut three palm trees from the same cardstock as the card base and adhered these flat.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some black cardstock and popped it up on 3D foam.  And hopefully you can just about see in the photo, I finished by adding some clear Wink of Stella to the trees.  Why can't our cameras see the sparkle like our eyes can?!

Materials used:

  • Die: Echo Park - Flamingo Palm die set
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Hung Up On You
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear
Challenge entry:

STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge



A couple of the LIM Design Team are taking a break this week but there's still plenty of inspiration, and we also have the lovely Pauline of Crafting with Cotnob joining us as a guestie following her June win.  So please do pop over and visit their personal blogs, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Saturday everyone!

17 comments:

  1. I love both your cards, but the white on white is stunning, perfectly CAS. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so perfect for the perfect holiday...Love the second one as the palm trees look fabulous in white...CAS perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO cards??? Hmmm! I thought I'd get away with just the one this week! Anyway they are both fabulous teamie and I knew there'd have to be a cocktail lurking somewhere for you! Fabulous inky blending and loving the sophisticated white on white look of the second. You're a clever crafter for sure. Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flip flops and drinks are my kind of summer. I love the colours you used along with the pop of the black card stock for add the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards...so prefect as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two simply wonderful cards. Love them both, feel like I need a trip to the beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are wonderful, Anita! I love the white on white look of the second card! And the first one is so fun and cheerful with the vibrant colors! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, cheerful background. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm thinking it's time you gave your flip flops a holiday away somewhere warm and sunny then! Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Moving Along with the Times.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these, Anita. Beautiful colours and blending on the first one. And your second one is pure genius. I love the faux dry embossed palm trees. So striking and perfectly CAS. Have a wonderful week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for our challenge at MAWTT. Thanks for joining us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two super holiday themed cards Anita, gorgeous colours on the first one and your white on white design is so elegant.
    Thank you so much for inviting me to join you as Guest Designer this week.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright colours on your first card, Anita! So vibrant. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog; it fits perfectly with our ‘Things beginning with B’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us again very soon.
    Diane Louise (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fab cads again Anita, love the first bright one with those cute flip flops and the second one is so very CAS and elegant too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...