Saturday 22 July 2017

Less is More Week #338

Hi there

It's time for a fresh new challenge over at Less is More and we're back this week with a Recipe challenge.  I hope you all enjoyed our two week collaboration with AAA Cards, and we had a fantastic number of entries so thank you very much if you've played along over the last fortnight.

Right, back to this week, here are the details...


We want to see dies/stencils/CAS embellishments, etc, but NO stamps


Considering that when I first started cardmaking I didn't do much stamping at all, I actually found this one really tricky!  But I do have two cards for you today.

Ok, so here's my first sample for you...


I chose a linen cardstock for my base and blended three shades of Distress Ink down the right hand side.  I then splattered with some water drops and blotted away some colour.  Next I used a swirl design stencil and, after masking off a section of it which covered the blended area I spread some texture paste over it, removed the stencil and set aside to dry.  I then used a 'celebrate' word die to cut some turquoise glitter card and adhered this to the bottom right corner.  Hopefully I've captured the glitter and paste detail better in the next pic...


Materials used:

  • Linen and glitter cardstock from stash
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon
  • Stencil: Stamposauras (no name)
  • Die: Paper Smooches - Birthday Words
  • Texture Paste: Ranger - Opaque Matte

Challenge entries:

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Surf's Up
STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge



I went with a shaker for my second card this week...



I used the shaker shapes die to cut the hello aperture from a panel of white cardstock.  I adhered some acetate behind, then used some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels inside the shaker, trapped between the acetate and some patterned paper.  This was then mounted onto the card base using 3D foam strips.


Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Shaker Shapes Square Hello Die
  • Acetate from stash
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels - Iced Snow
  • Patterned Paper: Free with a publication

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #251 - Anything Goes



Why not join in the challenge this week?  If you're looking for some inspiration please do pop over to the main LIM challenge blog where you will find links to my teamies' personal blogs.  They've created some great projects this week....and all without stamping :)

Thanks so much for popping by today, I appreciate every one of your visits.  

18 comments:

  1. Two fantastic cards! I also found this challenge tricky. You'd think when you don't use stamps you'd just quickly add some dies to a card and call it ready but as you, I was a bit confused what to make at first! :) I love the textures and details of your first card, very creative use of different techniques. Your shaker is girly, pretty and elegant, all at the same time! Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fabulous cards Anita, love the shaker card, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week's theme was particularly challenging (to me) but I see you have ROCKED it with these splendid makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was certainly a "stretching" challenge and really made me think, too! Love these cards Anita. The first one is such a lovely background with the soft green and blue, and swirls. Gorgeous. And your shaker card is really pretty with the pink and the glitter <3 I love the hello aperture die! Fab cards. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Anita. Love the colours on your first card and the texture paste adds great dimension. Love your shaker card. It's so pretty. I never think of using pattern paper, but it looks fantastic and would make it quicker. Love that hello die too. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these cards...just perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone who didn't have mojo for this challenge, one more time you offer us two beautiful cards ! How stunning is your first card with this blue blending and the lovely swirls with embossing paste ! So clever ! Beautiful shaker card two ! I always forget there is the shaker card option! Thanks for the inspiration ! Have a fabulous and sunny weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, Anita! Love your delicate shaker! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards!Especially the first one stole my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply fabulous pair of cards Anita....love those soft sweet colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible! You knock my socks off every single week Anita and this week is no exception. The use of the texture paste with the glitter is just such a brilliant idea and it makes for a stunning card. Then you give us that really feminine shaker. Fantastic! Yes, considering there probably weren't many of us who started card making doing stamping, this has been a tricky challenge ....but you triumphed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first card is very soft and pretty, I love it but then I love No 2 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are sensational, Anita! You ticked all the boxes with your blending, stencil and paste, and schparkly diecut! And your shaker card is so pretty!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards and I think you're very clever to do a shaker in this CAS style - it really has impact.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soft and subtle inking on your first card and the pretty pinks on your shaker! Great ideas and inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, those gorgeous blue hues on your sponged background, Anita ... fabulous with the texture-y white swirls and shimmery sentiment! Cool shaker ... graphic and stylish ... and so much fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...