Saturday 20 May 2017

Less is More Week #329

Hi guys

Firstly, apologies that it's been a whole week since my last post.  I have been really busy making....but not cards.  I've been busy building my Ikea furniture and filling it with my stash!  Woohoo!!  I'm still trying to get everything in its ideal place and have a good tidy up of my existing cupboard so once that's done I'll share some pics with you.  It's a small area so it's taking some organising but I'm getting there! :)

So, that said, I'll move on to the real reason for today's post.

It's week three of May so this week at Less is More it's the turn of our regular Theme challenge.  Here is what we want to see...




We have another Guest Designer joining us this week, our lovely April winner, Julie Beech.  Please do pop over to her blog to see her inspiration project :)


After going back to basics last week I really struggled this week and I think I was trying too hard again.  They are a little busier than I would have liked but I have managed two card samples for you.


I recently picked up a lovely card pack called Midnight Blush and I wanted to use it on this first card.  The pack contains cardstock in four shades of grey and some sheets in a lovely blush colour.  The photos don't really do it justice but I think it's a gorgeous combination.


The cardstock in the pack isn't thick enough to use for card bases so I started by covering a card base with the blush card.  I then cut a dark grey piece slightly smaller than the base and used some transparent gloss texture paste through a squares stencil.  Once dry I mounted the panel onto the card base using fun foam.  I then die cut the doily from the blush cardstock and a sentiment strip onto which I stamped the sentiment in charcoal ink.

Here's a better view of the glossy paste, I need to get a better spatula/scraper to avoid the line marks...


Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Papermania (DoCrafts) - Midnight Blush Capsule Collection
  • Stencil: STAMPlorations - Just Squares
  • Texture Paste: Ranger - Transparent Gloss
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Geometric Doily
  • Stamp: Personal Impressions - Mix and Match
  • Ink: Versa Color - Charcoal

Challenge entries:

Daring Cardmakers - Two Colours
Crafty Catz - Challenge #371 - Anything Goes with twist of more than two layers
Freshly Made Sketches - Challenge #288 (flipped it to the right)



I went for a rainbow on my second card...


I used some dark grey cardstock to cover my card base and then cut a white piece slightly smaller.  I die cut some circles from a scrap of cardstock and placed this over my white panel.  I then placed a stencil over the top and blended ink through the circles in rainbow colours, placing the stencil in different directions for each circle.  I finished off with a bold sentiment in charcoal ink and mounted the white panel on fun foam.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop - Mini Solace
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Festive Berries, Wilted Violent, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron; Versa Color - Charcoal
  • Stamp: Paper Smooches - Bold Buzzwords



My teamies, as always have created an array of wonderful inspiration for you this week so please do pop over to the challenge blog and follow the links to their personal blogs.

Happy Saturday everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Even with no time you always succeed to make wonders Anita ! Your cards are really gorgeous ! I love the design of your first card and in these colours it makes it so stylish ! Love the transparent gloss texture of your squares, they make me think of Japanese cobbles. And your second card is so joyful with these rainbow colours even more highlighted with the black background ! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new craft place ! Have an great WE !xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards as always Neets. I had so many ideas on the theme it was difficult to zero in on just one too. Thanks for asking me to GD this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these, Anita! The glossy squares on your first card looks so cool and I do love the subtle hint of blush on the card base as a complement to the dark grey. Your rainbow card is totally inspired! Your inking through the circle and stencil is perfect - I seem to get lots of smudging but these look beautifully crisp! I look forward to seeing your reorganised craft space...I am due a clear out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous geometric cards, Anita. Love the glossy paste on that grey colour cardstock. Your close up photo shows it well. And I love the rainbow circles of your second card. That stencil looks so cool. Enjoy the rest of your WE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being too hard on yourself, these are not at all too busy! I love both of your cards -the grey color in the first looks so stylish and that glossy paste adds a lot of interest to a CAS design. The shaded circles in your second card are so bright and beautiful and just perfect for the challenge -they make me think of atoms or cells or something else physics related! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love the gloss and matte combination, it's really effective when using such a limited colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at the Daring Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful...love that clear embossing paste. Gotta get some! Congrats on your new Ikea furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Geometric cards, loving the gloss texture paste, awesome results. I look forward to seeing your new crafty space too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great, Neets! With your first card, I actually love the lines on the glossy paste and think they add the perfect amount of texture. What an awesome die cut doily too, really pretty <3 Your second card is fabulous with that bright and vibrant inking, and the shapes really give a dimensional feel. The black base gives a wonderful pop to it all! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of your cards! I love the rainbow effect on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card for the Less Is More DT & how you've used the glossy paste. Very clever & effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sensational cards Anita! Loving the elegance of that grey and blush card - bet it looks amazing in real life. That was inspired to add the white geometric accent too - reminds me of the patterns made on a Spirograph! But (you probably guessed this as I'm a strong colour nut) your rainbow card is the real winner for me. Those circles look just like spheres with your fab inky blending. Gorgeous! Have fun finalising your craft area xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards! That glossy paste is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Love the texture from that paste and the fab colors. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've not forgotten to visit! Honest! Just had a busy time these last few days! I've been swooning though at this duo and itching to stop by and compliment your gorgeous techniques and designs. Love the black on black detail ... so classy and dramatic then those stencilled circles in those colour mixtures! WOW! Totally yummy. Hope you're week's going great x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card! Great design and I love the shine blocks!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz. Good luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab layout and great design, thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards. I love the way you've colored those circles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...