Saturday 25 February 2017

I'm Officially a Honey!

Good morning!

I've got some super exciting news today!

A while ago the lovely Hazel of Hazel's Paper Designs officially invited me to join her and her super talented team of designers/cardmakers/bloggers, aka the Honeys.  Yippee...so I am now delighted to be a member of...


As well as Hazel, the other wonderful ladies that make up this fabulous line up are the four S's:


The idea behind this challenge is that every couple of months we take turns to send an envelope of themed crafty goodies to the rest of the team consisting of die cuts, stamped images, papers, embellishments, etc. and we all then make cards from the same kit. After following the previous posts it's great fun to see how each designer uses the elements of each kit.

So, enough of my waffling!  This time it was Sarah Gray's turn to post out the 'kits/goody bags/little packages of happy mail' and this is the gorgeous kit we all received...

HEARTFELT

The kit included:

Stamped images from:
Mama Elephant, Winnie & Walter, Paper Smooches and Neat & Tangled

Die cuts from:
Simon Says Stamp, Avery Elle and Tonic

Various embellies:
Doilies, patterned paper, chipboard hearts


Right, here goes...

Card 1:


For this card I used the pink cardstock, the 'Sending' die cut and a little red heart from the kit.  I added a layer of red cardstock, both panels were die cut with an MFT Die-namics Inside and Out Diagonal stitched rectangle die.  I also added the embossed 'love' sentiment from Clearly Besotted's 'Sketched Blooms' set and the swoosh from 'Super Star Additions' set, also CBS.


Card 2:


I just had to use these cute little bunnies from the kit (I do have this stamp set but yet to ink it up!).  I had a card base sat on my table which I had embossed with a stitched heart a while ago and then didn't use it so that was my starting point.  I then used the heart die cut from the kit (with the aperture in the centre) as a mask and blended the ombre heart using Distress Ink in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord.  Sarah had provided the sentiment so I cut it down and blended with the same ink colours.  The bunnies were shaded just slightly using a grey Derwent Coloursoft pencil, fussy cut out and popped up on 3D foam.  The two little hearts were also from the kit.


Challenge entry:

House of Cards - February Challenge - Love theme/colours
Just Add Ink - Challenge #348 - Just Add Ombre



Card 3:


With the help of some stitched dies by MFT and a little metallic thread, everything else here was from the kit.  I adhered the text paper to the card base.  The wooden hearts were tied with metallic thread and I've left these hanging loose within the apertures, just adhered on the reverse of the top panel.  The sentiment was simply die cut and popped up on a foam square.


Card 4:


I must admit, the doilies were scaring me a little...I never know what to do with them! lol  Then I spotted the flowery edging so I cut out three of these.  My base was lightly blended with Distress Ink in Spun Sugar and gently splattered with water.  The red heart and the 'You' were from the kit.  I stamped the additional sentiment from Wplus9 'That is All' set, die cut some leaves (from Woodland Stag Wreath set by Xcut) to add to my doily flowers, and finished off with some Papermania glazed gems.

Challenge entry:

Happy Little Stampers - February Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies


Card 5:


I used the white die cut heart from the kit and stamped over it in black with a stamp called 'Lace' by Wow, and heat embossed it in clear.  I then used a fishtail flag die by MFT to cut out another of the kit sentiments, as well as a strip from the pink cardstock that was left from Card 1.  I layered these up behind the heart which was popped up, adhered the red heart, then added a teeny white peg from my stash with another of the red hearts adhered to it.



Phew, well done for sticking with me if you reached the end of this post.  And I still have lots of bits left to make more!  Thanks so much to Sarah G for this fabulous selection of goodies.  And I hope I've done enough so my fellow Honeys will let me stay in their gang...I've had such fun!  Right, I'm now off to see what fabulous cards they have created from the kit!

I'll be back very soon to announce this week's new challenge at Less is More so please do pop back if you can.

12 comments:

  1. welcome new honey babe=looks like you rocked the kit! The first card I love how the heart swoon off! The second fab sponging, 3rd superb use of dsp and love the placement of the sentiment, 4th-great way to use the doliy, 5th-that lace die is amazing stamping-I thought it was dsp-superb collection of cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on becoming a Honey - your cards are brilliant! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just oooed and aaahed (that looks weird!) through your post, Anita - a fab set of makes with the kit! I love the ombre inking for the sweet bunnies, the little windows with the patterned paper and heart embellishments and dramatic lace heart :) So many ideas and elements to take in. Your idea of cutting a small piece of the doilies out was inspired - I still didn't use mine, even after including it in the kit! It is so great to have you as part of the team x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome HONEY! you've rocked it! Knew you would and showcased your super CAS talent with this yummy kit. Such inspirational little tricks that I really wish I'd seen your cards before starting my own! I am swooning over your lacy stamped design on the last one ... hmmmm gonna have to look out for that little beauty! Your inky blending on the bunny card is so dreamy and romantic and how clever just using a teeny bit of the doily - they are a bit scary but you've flicked your magic wand as ever! Have a great week teamie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely cards Anita, you have a beautiful, clean and simple style. Your Bunny card is so sweet with perfect blending of the colours. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow!! After this performance we aren't letting you go anywhere!! I can't get over all the clever ideas you had for using the bits and pieces, puts me to shame! Love the stamp from your first card that shows the heart shooting off, its so clever. I would never have thought to use the heart die as a mask, so clever and looks amazing surrounded by all that white. Tying the hearts with some silver thread...your a genius!! I didn't know what to do with the doilies either but certainly never saw those flowers in them, such a cool idea. And I'm so in love with that lace stamp over the white heart die-cut, yet another brilliant idea. You've blown me away!! Its my turn to create the next kit, have no idea what to do yet but certainly have big shoes to fill after this one from Sarah G!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the cards are awesome but my favorite is the darling bunny rabbits as they are so whimsical and I love whimsy. Thank you for joining us at The House of Cards for this months challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous collection Anita! Loving them all and especially your super cute ombre card for our Just Add Ink challenge...Those bunny's are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, your bunny card is adorable! Great ombre effects, and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heavens, Anita!!! What a knockout!! Your shooting heart on those matted panels is so striking, and that ombred bunny heart set within the embossed heart is literally lovable. Actually, reminds me how much I want to get an embossing mat...The way you used those wooden hearts and dsp in the stitched windows is inspired, and that trio of flowers atop that very Hawaiian-inspired heart is the most creative way of using a doily I've ever seen. ADORE it. Finally, that racy lacy heart is so dramatic! What a superb idea and gorgeous stamp! Hmmmm... I am very definitely in love with ALL of them, so picking a favourite just isn't going to happen on this occasion. HOWEVER, I do foresee a few CASE-ings... A belated, but very genuine welcome to the team, Anita. We could not be happier to have you on board. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the background on your card, and good idea to cut out that part of the doily and use it on your card
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely set of cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...