I have some exciting news to share today. I was recently contacted by the super talented Ardyth Percy-Robb to invite me to Guest Design at Muse. I'm always so inspired by Ardyth's clean, simple, graphic and bold designs so to say I was completely stunned would be a massive understatement so once I'd stopped leaping around I calmed myself down and replied with a massive 'YES PLEASE'!
I love the Muse challenge and play along as often as I can so this is a complete honour to be able to enjoy the role of Guest Designer. I could create any card I wanted.....oh, the pressure! So, here is what I came up with and I hope this provides some inspiration for the challenge :)
For the challenge the rules are to:
- Use the Muse card as inspiration, explain your interpretation and link back to Muse.
- Provide supportive comments to at least 3 of your fellow members' submissions.
- Vote for 3 of your fellow members' submissions that you find inspiring.
I started by die cutting a circle to create a mask and then stamped the rose design through the aperture onto a white cardstock panel slightly smaller than my card base. Once complete I placed the positive die cut circle over the stamped area so I could find the correct placement for the die and then I embossed the impression with the die using my rubber mats through my Big Shot. Next I cut a strip of blue vellum and stamped the 'birthday' sentiment in VersaMark ink before heat embossing with white powder. This was then wrapped around the panel and secured at the back. I then cut the 'happy' from green cardstock using a word die which was adhered above the vellum. The panel was adhered to the card base using 3D foam strips before adding a few Doodlebug Sprinkles to finish.
- Stamps: Uniko Studio - Flower Power #6; Clearly Besotted - Say It In Style
- Ink: Versa Color - Baby Blue, Atlantic and Sage; VersaMark
- Dies: Xcut - Nested Circles; Clearly Besotted - Happy Word Die
- Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White
- Doodlebug - Sprinkles from Limeade, Blue Jean and Lily White collections
- Vellum and cardstock from stash
I'd love it if you could join in with the Muse challenge this week, it will be great to see what elements of my card you take as inspiration. I tried to include a few different techniques to provide lots of scope :)
I'd also like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:
Let's Craft and Create - Challenge #96 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #90 - Anything Goes
Thank you as always for popping by and please leave a comment to let me know you've visited and to let me know what you think. I'm on holiday from work this week so between popping out here and there, having lunches out, etc. I hope to find lots of crafty time :)